Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 REALLY LONG TEXT "Formatting"
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Mephi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 9:00 pm   Post subject: Text Wrap

THX MAN!! i really needed that! i gave ya 2 bits...Razz hope it helps! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
DarkHelmet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 9:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

No problem. I used coding similar to that when i was making my final project. Needed it for the chance cards in my monopoly.
nate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 9:25 pm   Post subject: Variable meaning?

What do some of the variables mean?

like you have

var intcount :int
and
var intcounter : int

does str mean string or start or something elsecould you tell me plz

-Nate
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 10:11 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I belive that its a programming standart where you put variable type in front of varaible name to remember what values it can hold.

such as

intCounter:int

and

Counter:int

are no different. but int in front reminds you its of int variable type
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Ancalagon The Black

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 8:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Usually you want to try to declare your variable names something that is easy to remember. I usually capitalize mine (cause it looks better Smile and because our teacher wants us to) but ultimately it doesn't matter. You can call a variable "Name" and use it to get someone's age. The program doesn't care, just as long as you keep them consistent throughout the entire program.
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 9:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it dose not relay matter but uhsley you only fully captiozae varible names if they are gloab or constants.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
DarkHelmet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 9:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i just use that way of naming because that is the only method that my teacher accepted. I got used to it, now it's the only way i usually name my variables. i also find it's inconvient to capitalize my variables. When you declare them with upper case, i think you have to type them as upper case every time. I could be wrong. Whenever i have to type them upper case i always forget to do it one or two times. Then it gives me an error. It is just easier to keep everything lower case.
Catalyst

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 9:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i usually do vars lower and const upper the classes with caps on first letter
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 10:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

mine are small letters unless varaible is more then 1 word. I dont like using _ so I just capitalize the following word.

var userType, userSize, userWhatever:string
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Catalyst

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 10:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ya same for me, i was taught that way
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 25 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: