Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Feature Suggestions
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Brewah

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 8:52 pm   Post subject: Feature Suggestions

I'm working on a fairly basic engine (for a side-scroller with full out story and etc later on) , so there's no story, no final graphics or anything here yet. What I was wondering was if you guys could go through this pretty early version of the engine and tell me what features you'd like to see introduced.

Thanks.
(Maybe this is better suited in submissions? Not sure.)

Download the zip here...

http://www.bmts.com/~dfry/engine.zip
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Catalyst

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 9:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

more enemies
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 10:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

more enemies, faster movement, ability to fire in more then 2 directions and reload faster. FASTER. Damn it, you dont understand how frastraiting it is to wait for the bullet to leave the screen before firing again,
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Blade

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 10:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

**sings tonys in a baaaddd moood** but yea... faster is better, especially for what this makes itself look to be a fast paced game... ACTION PACKED

Tony IS in a bad mood. He worked for whole weekend and feels very tired. I need sleep. Tony gose to bed
Brewah

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 10:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Having to wait for the bullet to go off screen is something I'd like to address but I can't seem to figure out the code to make it work. I've also always planned for more enemies.

Thanks for the suggestions so far.
haujobb

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 10:21 am   Post subject: (No subject)

You could do something like this:

code:

int fired : int

process fire ()

^
|
Code Here ----->

fired := fired - 1
end fire

if fired <=3 then
fork fire
fired := fired + 1
end if
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: