Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Ideas for new program
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Schaef

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:01 pm   Post subject: Ideas for new program

Heres a new program that I have to do for school. I had to make fruit grow on a tree and then fall off.. I've done that and now I need to think of some extra animation to add to the program. If you have any ideas plz post them here.

tree.zip
 Description:
Run Tree.t

Download
 Filename:  tree.zip
 Filesize:  2.48 KB
 Downloaded:  260 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i like the water effects, pretty cool. The loading bar, however, was inappropriately used. At least initialize your variable or whatnot while loading. Probably don't even need one because of the tiny amount of memory used by initializing.

for extra, maybe add some birds? Setting/Rising of the sun?
Schaef

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I only have the loading bar so that I can draw the take a picture of a whole bunch of dots and paste them into the tree program. I need to do this b/c other wise the water takes time to load up while the fruit is falling.
shorthair

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thats untrue , its just your computer i would have to say , there is never a need for a fake loading bar , i dont feel like going through the whole flame again , but to get to teh point , you will find most peopel really really dont like them
jonos

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i think shorthair speaks for a lot of people on compsci....

what you could also add would be a sun effect kindof like the water effect, a little duck on the water, maybe even a person poking their head out of the tree.

nice animation!!!
Schaef

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ya well i didnt ask what you thought of the loading bar, I wanted ideas for the program not complaints about something that doesnt matter
shorthair

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it dos matter , thats the biggest let dow of your program, you show lack of respect t ofast code , if you want feedbak then how about ,it was alright but nothing that great , the water particels were cool but they are just randomly placed dots , if you want to make something that is very very well done , having some background sound , mabye a bird butterfly , rising sun and moon , day to night , and seasons , that would make this awsome , its just a begginging to somthing that has good potential , keep up the good code and it should become somthing great ,SCRAP THE LOADING BAR
Cervantes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I don't like the loading bar either Confused

As for input, I think that when the fruit hits the ground DanShadow should crawl out of the fruit (in bat form) and then fly away.

(btw I'm totally serious)
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 11:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Just have a squirrel come and take the fruit away Very Happy
And guys, stop ragging him about the loading bar, its his program. If he likes it, theres nothing wrong.
Schaef

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol thx paul bian
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: