Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Answers to 99% of all questions!!!! Look in here!
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
recneps

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:25 pm   Post subject: Answers to 99% of all questions!!!! Look in here!

For answers to 99% of your questions, look in the Turing Reference!!!! (OMG! Who'd a thunk it?) Ok, maybe not 99% but a good 75%of all questions i've read here are about a specific command. So, look it up in the reference, then if you still dont understand, post Smile (Not saying that you cant post, but you might get the answer faster yourself Very Happy)
You now know a secret that has been kept secret by the Ancients.... yeah, ill just stop there.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 2:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yes, some people might not know how to use it though.
If you open turing and press F10, you'll open the manual. Theres an index on the side, organized alphabetically, with all the commands and things. If you need help on a specific command, you can type it out, and place ur cursor on it and press F9, if its found, the info will pop up.
sport

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 2:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

A good part of learning Turing is learning the tutorials that are available. There is a tutorial for most quetions. Ex. Create buttons, mouse movement, graphics, etc.
Andy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

azn, make this a sticky
jonos

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

turing reference is really good, i learned about intstr, strint, my limited knowledge of GUI, ord, chr, File, Dir, Sys. lots of cool stuff there.
Andy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

and dont forget whatdotcolor
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I believe this was in my Tidbits and Tricks: to always hit F8, F9 or F10.

to dodge: if there were so many stickies, no one will bother to read them, so instead, I'll just add to some old post.
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Turing reference. Very good idea, but you have to remember, that alot of the code is wrong. I usually just look at it when I can't remember the specific name of a function or something.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Andy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i like F8 alot it does what vc gives u automatically
jonos

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i have never used F8 before, that is some pretty cool stuff.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: