Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Screensize and drawing position
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Paul

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:01 pm   Post subject: Screensize and drawing position

When I change the screensize of a run window, and then draw things inside of it. Once I go to school, and load the same program, all the things are in different positions. cause they have smaller screens or something, and then I have to change all the coordinates again. Any idea how to fix this?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cervantes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

That's strange, I never had that problem.
1) what are you referring to when you say "all the things are in different positions"
2) is the turing you have at home a different version that at school?
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i think your maxx/maxy are affecting the positions. You have to use
code:

View.Set("graphics:800;600")

where its :width;height

to set the screen size so it is up to you, not compiler configuration
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Paul

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ok, heres waht happened, I set the screen to:
code:

setscreen ("Graphics: 600;600")

A couple of boxes, were supposed to be at the center of the screen at school, when I moved it to home, one of those boxes were cut off at the top.

It might be the turing version though, because I have the newest, while the school has the older one.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah tony, I think your on the right track. Except the graphics aren't set to max..

try changing your resolution to what they have at school (probably 800x600). That really shouldn't make a difference, but with a problem like this that shouldn't occur in the first place, you never know! Wink
jonos

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 6:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i got that problem at school last semester, and it affected my final project big time, which caused the mark to spiral down into oblivion.
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

what you guys could do is to just work on the core code, instead of graphics alignment in school, and then just compile your program at home. Heck, it doesn't matter if your school doesn't have the latest version what doesn't implement newer commands. You can work on your code in notepad for all anyone cares Wink Just add the finishing touches at home and compile
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Maverick

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Could it involve the screen resolution at your school?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
we64

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah, because our school computers suck. The resolution is 800*600. In home, most people usually use 1024*768. That affects the position of drawings a big time.
Andy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

u can set the position of the screen by having setscreen("position:center;center")
Cervantes

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

not the position of the window, the position of the objects inside the window..
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 11 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: