Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Opening Files and folders (like through My Compuiter)
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
recneps

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:38 pm   Post subject: Opening Files and folders (like through My Compuiter)

Is there a way to opena file or folder without the Sys Exec? Just wondering, because that doesnt work on some computers at school, and I wantedc to make a program for my friend (Evil school network doesnt even give you paint or notepad!)
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

do u mean a progame that opens flooders (ie that makes the windows expore thing come up) or do u whont to have turing show a list of files in a dir?

if u are trying to open progames that your netwrok dose not alow u to u can not do this in turing (if your sys admin is doing his job)
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
recneps

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ok, i mean, on the "old" computers, (ones without XP), you can access files using

code:
if not Sys.Exec ("c:") then
end if

that makes C: pop up in explorere window. Thats what i want to do, in another way if possible Smile
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 6:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

works on xp pro for me, i think it could be that he has a onlder verson of turing where sys.exec did not try to oppen the application.

off the top of my head i cant think of a way to do it with out sys.exec. also if this is just for geting to c: driver on a networked comp, there are many easyer ways to do this then using turing. shuch as the run line, ms word (by trying to open a file then puting in CSmile, making a short cut there on a spot where u can save/edit files, editing a short cut to go there, using IE, making C: a favorite in IE, and the list goses on....
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
recneps

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 6:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ahh, but all those things, run line, IE, etc are blocked, the Turing way is the only way! (But why does it work on the ones with 98/me and not the ones with XP?)
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 6:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

probly a diffrent verson of turing or admin set setings right, and if u can get to turing then:

turing -> open -> type in c: as file name -> right clikc on floder u whont to get in to -> explore or open or creat shortcut (on the rigth clik menu not the buttion)
recneps

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:18 am   Post subject: (No subject)

o.O i never thought to check if right click was blocked in open windows.... ( it is everywhere else! Very Happy) Ill find a way somehow!
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: