Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Cash Register Help
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
shorthair

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

not a problem im glad to help , as long as you are polite and post good topics that have not been discussed before , if you dont wnna get caught red handed ,Hacker dan the Crazy Admin here , was nice enough to retype compscis rules , this is the link to the new rules , just take a glance so you know the do's and dont's , good luck with programming and i hope you keep up hte code , always ask s oyou dont get bad habbits , and start grouping those variable to save code and time, and save your bits (a word of the wise )

http://www.compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?t=3151 , : Link to new rules
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the problem with your code is the way you formatted.

if you declare a variable, let's call it num, as real, then when you go and try to do:
code:
put num : 10
turing, on your output screem, will allocate 10 spots for you, and then right align the number once it has rounded it off to 7 characters long. Ex.
code:
var num := 2.3253243253264325324
put num : 10
This will outputs 2.325324 and then right aligned to a 10 character long space.

So when you were doing:
code:
put item1 : 10, quan1 : 10, price1 : 10, cost1
Some of the numbers were intruding on another number's allocated space, so weird stuff happens.

to fix it, you can either use locate (), or manually output some blanks.

Edit: Damn it, I must really type slow.
.hack

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thanks for everythun guys, I jsut read over the e-mail and plan on following them Razz

Most of it is about spam which is something I can't stand,, so I don't think you guys will see much from me (even though this post is very short).

Anyways I'm going to work on my cash register a bit more at school tomorrow when I have the teacher to give me a hand, I'm hoping that one day soon it will be a full fledged little cash register program (maybe I can make some $$ off it and Turing in grade 11 will be good for something Smile )
santabruzer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well anyways.. back to records Razz.. check out this funkii tutorial.. not by me.. by dodge_tomahawk...here
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 19 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: