Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 how to make object move up and down constantly?
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
zombieheartsqueen

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:01 pm   Post subject: how to make object move up and down constantly?

What is it you are trying to achieve?
I want to make circles or squares or something that constantly move up and down on their own (like a video game obstacle)

What is the problem you are having?
I'm pretty new to Turing and honestly have no idea how to go about this and I would really appreciate help asap, please and thank you!

Please specify what version of Turing you are using
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dragon20942

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:13 pm   Post subject: RE:how to make object move up and down constantly?

Hi! I suggest looking through the stickied Turing Walkthrough.
I think reading through these sections would be for the best:

The Basics
If structures
Loops and For Loops
View.Set and View.Update
Basic Graphics

You might be interested in these following sections too, which define advanced user input (getting information from the mouse and keyboard).

More advanced input
Input.KeyDown
Mouse.Where

Essentially, the basic concept is: the Turing run window is a grid of x by y pixels. You can draw things on it, telling the program where you want to draw them. However, you can say that you want to draw to position (a,b) and then change around the values of a and b so that each time it draws, you get your image in a different place. Also, make sure you understand clearing the screen, and the delay() call.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 2 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: