Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Defender(APPLE game) in Turing
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
remy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:06 pm   Post subject: Defender(APPLE game) in Turing

i am trying to write a program to play a game (very) loosely based on the old arcade and apple II game called defender.
i am very basic at turing and i need some help.

a screen shot of what i am trying to achieve is on http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/4078/the_history_of_defender_the_joys_.php
IF you guys can give me the code it would be very helpfull.... heres what i cam up with

var dir : int := 1 % ship's orientation 1 = facing right, -1 = left
var x, y : int % ship's coordinates
var shoot : boolean := false % if a bullet is currently active
var bulletX, bulletY, bulletDir : int := -10 % bullet's coordinates and direction
var enemyX, enemyY, enemyDir : array 1 .. 10 of int % array of enemy coordinates and direction
var enemyCount : int := 10 % number of enemies (doesn't change in basic version)
var frameCount : int := 1 % how many times the main loop has been executed
var gameOver : boolean := false % if the game is over
var score : int := 0 % player's score
var level : int := 1 % player's level

%******* initializeEnemies *****************************************
% Purpose: To initialize the locations of the enemies *
% Parameters: 1) array of x coordinates of the enemies *
% 2) array of y coordinates of the enemies *
%*********************************************************************
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
bubb4h0t3p

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:12 pm   Post subject: RE:Defender(APPLE game) in Turing

We can't just give you the code, but maybe guide you. How much do know about Turing? You should first try and break down the parts of the game and start from there, maybe come back when you have an issue. Perhaps start an easier project such as pong to learn basic animation, velocities and collision before starting a project like this.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 2 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: