Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Test Yourself in Turing?
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
np_123

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:58 pm   Post subject: Test Yourself in Turing?

Anybody got some interesting/challenging ideas for a program (or programs) I could write that could perhaps test my working knowledge of Turing? Perhaps something that's like, oh hey, if you can do this no problem then you understand such and such concept pretty good.

I'd say that I'm fairly experienced with Turing - I'm not saying that I understand all the little nuances and technicalities of the language, because there's almost certainly stuff that I haven't come across or looked into deeply - but what I am saying is that I'm pretty confident I can get the job done with almost whatever program I put my mind to

I'm not looking for game ideas because i don't feel like making a game, or using graphics in Turing in general. I'm not looking to do anybody's homework for them either.
i'm just looking for a set of problems, or perhaps link to a set of problems that could test my knowledge of Turing - because I'm starting to put Turing behind me per se, and trying to learn Java now
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
np_123

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:07 pm   Post subject: RE:Test Yourself in Turing?

Or perhaps if people reply with concepts that ideally one should know when programming, myself or others could attempt to create a set of 'Test Yourself' questions that any Turing programmer could do as a challenge
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:25 pm   Post subject: RE:Test Yourself in Turing?

There's https://projecteuler.net/problems which tends to be heavy on math (and certainly with no graphics). Turing is at a disadvantage though, as you are probably stuck with 4 byte signed integers.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
np_123

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:47 pm   Post subject: RE:Test Yourself in Turing?

looks very interesting, definitely gonna try those problems out
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: