Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 need help w/ Worms Game with backgrounds and explosion
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 8:42 pm   Post subject: need help w/ Worms Game with backgrounds and explosion

So far, i can hold down a weapon, see how long it took, and fire it w/ velocity increase accordingly. Then there comes a problem: if the missle hits the ground, then it explode, and changes the terrain, how do i make this thing explode so I don't have to cls and redraw the background. I saw the previous guide, but it kind of doesn't work here, for my picture is something like 1600 x 400, pretty big to separate into different pixels. appreciate any help from any one.

p.s. once i am finished, i'll be able to release the program to the public, and let people play around and see if there is any bugs with it, that is, IF I finish.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 8:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well you can cut it into bigger pieces. I donno, 10x10 pixels?

the only problem would be that craters would have squares for its edges. I suppose to can cover that with transition drawings of fallen earth? Like slopes or something.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 2 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: