Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [FP] Shooting Gallery
Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> [FP] 2004/2005 Archive
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

So how do you like my FP?
(No ending time set)
Awsome
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Good
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
Average
24%
 24%  [ 6 ]
Needs Improvement
36%
 36%  [ 9 ]
Sux
28%
 28%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 25

McKenzie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well it matters a lot. As a grade 10 project thats great. As a grade 11, well ... more average
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 12:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

for gr. 11, it's avg. It's a good start though, do some more interface, error checking, stuff like that, and you have a pretty good game. I liked the fact that you drew the person yourself, instead of getting a picture out of somewhere. That shows that at least you spend some time on it.

1 moooooore thing (as uncle would say), use Mouse.ButtonWait, it will take away the problem of the user holding the mouse button down and just pressing r all the time.
beamer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well Mckenzie, they don't have a comp prog course for grade 10, just grade 11 and 12
shorthair

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

No way , i thought all schools had to have it , i mean its bad enough that grade 10 is not a prerequisit to grade 11 , but to not have it at all is absurd
Cervantes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

at my school gr 10 is a prerequisit for gr 11... also there is a gr 10 course (naturally)... you can even take it as a double credit course combined with gr 9 computers (learning crap like word and excel). except we really skip through that whole course in about 2 weeks

anyways,
Cheers Smile
McKenzie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'd have to rate it as Good then. ( Embarassed I think I already voted AVG)
shorthair

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

come to the dark side , we can show you the way McKenzie your powers are weak ,the darkside laughs at your misuse of the force Twisted Evil
beamer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:32 pm   Post subject: my crappy canadian school...

well at my school, you gotta take a business course in grd 9 (exel, word, crap like that) and in grd 10, you can take a comp engineering course where you learn about the components of simple things and you get to make a thing that makes an LED flash if you connect it to a battery (ooooh, aaaah)
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Maverick

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Don't you program in grade 10 engineering at your school? We use visual basic, and actually making led's is quite fun.
beamer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

nope. we just deal with the parts of the comp and learning to solder components onto a chip so that things work (the LED). It's pretty crappy.
shorthair

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I skipped grade 10 , and strted at grade 11 , went right into logic gates ,boolean algebra and numbersstems , being able to write in octal is cool
Maverick

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Man thats a chitty comp engineering class. We get to make progs in vb and integrate them with LED's so u can play games and sutff with the led.
beamer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well AsianSensation, I can't seem to get the mouse.buttonwait thing to work becuase i was using mousewhere before and it's button command is differant from the buttonwait. I don't understand it enought to change everything to work for it.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wow looks like my school has the best compsci classes! Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

after one gr 9 / gr 10 course (that almost everyone took in gr 9, including me), we did word and excel, tons of turing, AND a month of VB Very Happy
McKenzie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 6:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

For the buttonwait without the buttonwait (I'm not a big fan of buttonwait)
code:

proc up
     var x,y,b:int
     loop
          mousewhere(x,y,b)
          exit when b=0
     end loop
end up

just forces them to play fair
   Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> [FP] 2004/2005 Archive
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 3  [ 40 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: