Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 SOME DEFINITIONS
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
gbudwal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 4:50 pm   Post subject: SOME DEFINITIONS

i needed some definitions
if anyone could help
all i need to know wat it is and what it does
very very simple definitions
nothing complex

ABACUS

Analog

Digital

Boolean algebra

capacitor

Capacitor

farad

transistor

CMOS

subprogram

loop

application program

diode

carry bit

ASCII

EBCIDIC

Operating Systems

algorithm

Linux

pseudo code

top-down diagram

top down programming

UNIX

method programming

DMA

EOF

LEX

truth table

recursion

peripheral
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Andy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 4:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wtf? y is this in the turing section and how does this have to do with computer science...
gbudwal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

didnt mean to get u mad or anything
these definitions will be on my comp science exam tomororow
grade 11
gbudwal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

and the only language we learned in class from day 1 is turing
Andy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well go to some computer dictionary site and search for these then... r u sure this isnt for computer engineering?
gbudwal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

im positive
its compuer science
lol
ICS-3M0
i took engineering and dropped it cus it had to much of this shit...
shorthair

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

First of all watch the language , second of all il answer every definition for you , in full detail for 5 $ paypal , and astly , if you kknew anything about those definitions you would know that 50% of them are nothign to do with programming ( rough guess ) at least take a look at htem , i mean some of them are easier than easy
gbudwal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

my msn email is
hiphop_matrix@hotmail.com
msg me and ill send u 5 bucks
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Andy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

LOL... ever heard of google?
shorthair

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 6:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I would have done them if you hadnt gone around making multiple threads , and have you actually looked at hte list , i mean " loop " is on that list ,if your in grade 11 compsci and you dont know what a loop is then seriously , you should read some compsci tutorials
gbudwal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 6:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah i made a mistake
sorry
cus i thought i was in the right area and i wasnt
that was my fault
so just lemme know if ur gonna do em or not
if not ill try finding them
i know what loops is
but i cant really defin it
my english is really bad
Mazer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'd have considered doing them but... how do I know you'll send me the $5?
shorthair

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

he told me 1/2 before 1/2 after , i was gonna do it , but i just found out ( the real reason ) that i have another chapter of physics to study for , ( exam tommorow)
gbudwal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 1:57 am   Post subject: (No subject)

ill send the money before if u want
aliveiswell

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:53 am   Post subject: (No subject)

ill do them, just give me your bits:

ABACUS - the early calculator that had the little sticks with beads on them, invented (i think) by the babylonians

Analog- the signal used by telephone lines, which a modem converts to digital (im pretty sure)

Digital - the signal used by computers, which the modem converts to analog (im pretty sure)

Boolean algebra - the aljebra used for showing the workings of a logic gate (ex. an or gate with two inputs = A + B = C), im pretty sure about that

capacitor - an electrical component used to store an electrical charge

Capacitor -uhhh, same thing i think

farad - the measurement used to measure how much charge a capacitor can hold (i think)

transistor - an electrical component that works as a switch, (like in an amplifier), i don't really know this one

CMOS - that is where all the basic computer stuff is stored that helps boot the computer, holds the date/time, etc.

subprogram -?

loop - a structure thing in programming languages that allow things to be repeated for and infinite amount of time, or for a set amount of time, etc.

application program - a program that does something (i think), like notepad, internet explorer, etc

diode - an electrical component that makes sure a current only flows in one direction(it won't let the current "past" in the other direction), used mainly in AC (current that alternates), and not in DC which flows in one direction

carry bit - ?

ASCII - ? American Standard Characters (?), something like that. the code behind the characters on a keyboard (i don't really know), used by PCs

EBCIDIC - same as above but used on IBMs cause they haven't fallen to their knees for the almighty microsoft (yet) ( ithink)

Operating Systems - actually i can't find a definition in me for this one, though this is probably the easiest one here... a program that is the basic part of the computer that allows all programs to run, etc.

algorithm - a written thing that comprises of regular english and programming language to show how you are going to do the problem (the code)

Linux - an OS (operation system) that is open source, more powerful than windows, allows noob hackers to feel good, and gets you chicks cause it makes you look smart

pseudo code -?

top-down diagram - im guessing a diagram of a circuit board that shows the top and the bottom of it

top down programming -?

UNIX - ?, an OS that Linux was derived from, that is used mostly by large companies for large networks (i think)

method programming -?

DMA - isn't that the engine used by GTA 3 ?

EOF - ?

LEX -?

truth table - a table used to show what the output would be for a logic gate for each combination of high/low inputs

recursion -?

peripheral- hardware that is not in your computer case (?), like a printer, external zipdrive

the funny thing is, most of those were from my comp engineering class. sorry to anyone to said they were being paid, but people need to pass their exams.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 18 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: