Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Game help... again...
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Mike Pastah

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 12:58 am   Post subject: Game help... again...

Okay... this may be hard (it seems it to me anyways) but I've made the start screen to an RPG. I want to make it so that when you move the character to a certain spot, and press enter, the screen clears and he appears on a different screen (same window if possible..), sorta like he was entering a building, and the background and everything changes but he can still be moved. Then I want it so that inside the 'building' thing, when he gets to a spot and presses 'enter', he goes back to where he left off on the original screen... I hope that made sense... any ideas on what to do to make it work? Thanks.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 1:07 am   Post subject: (No subject)

ok, for this should be put into keypress event

code:
case RETURN %you might need to put ASCII value instead

if charlocationX = trapdoorX and charlocationY = trapdoorY then
'then character pressed Enter while standing on the trap door

call drawscreen("trapdoor room") 'calls procedure to draw background for the trapdoor room

charlocationX = newX
charlocationY = newY

'character is put into a new location on the screen

Well its kinda cheese, but I hope you'll get the idea
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Mike Pastah

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 3:31 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Thanks! Yea, I discovered the wonders of procedures after messing around after I posted this. Thanks for the help anyways, the game's looking good so far!... for a Turing game Confused
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: