Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Particle Effect - Fire
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
TheXploder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:01 pm   Post subject: Particle Effect - Fire

This is a testing phase you could say, but its progressing very well.
innicially I just rendered one particle fading away... Very Happy

Then I added random streches, random size differences and the fade is animated (though their not sprites Crying or Very sad) in a series of images.
Check out the attachment... Smile

Comment if you like it, or comment on improvements and how I could make it more realistic (like flickering candle fire). Wink

PS: My only trouble is the screen isn't updated, and it seems as the fire isn't moving...

firefx.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  firefx.zip
 Filesize:  2.76 KB
 Downloaded:  478 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Maverick

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yah it kinda runs slow which loses the fire effect.
sport

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 2:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It is fun, but kinda slow motion. Nice start
Maverick

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 2:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You should also make it bigger. That wuld make it look much cooler and easier to see.
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 2:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

its a nice start, but it seems to go up as a series of explosions and once the chain reaches the top, new series of explosions start from the bottom... while all gfx stay.

I mean it looks alright at any one point, but doesn't make much sence as an animation
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
TheXploder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 3:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:

Tony wrote:
its a nice start, but it seems to go up as a series of explosions and once the chain reaches the top, new series of explosions start from the bottom... while all gfx stay.

yes that's my problem it just doesn't want to clear it right, the flame before it, should be cleared... Sad
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: