Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Wcc
Index -> Contests
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Velocity

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:52 am   Post subject: Wcc

who is attending the 2012 waterloo computer contest?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
mirhagk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:28 am   Post subject: RE:Wcc

the CCC?
Velocity

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:18 am   Post subject: RE:Wcc

thats the formal name for it, then yea.
mirhagk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:42 am   Post subject: RE:Wcc

Then yes I will be doing it.
crossley7

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:30 pm   Post subject: RE:Wcc

I will be doing it. Does anyone know what day it is this year? I want to know how much time I have to refresh my knowledge (got stuck with CS second semester this year and have been too busy to do anything this semester other than DWITE)
trintith

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:39 pm   Post subject: RE:Wcc

Stage 1 is Tuesday, February 28, 2012. [http://cemc.math.uwaterloo.ca/contests/computing.html]
mirhagk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:54 pm   Post subject: RE:Wcc

Oh wow it's actually coming up soon, I'll have to get my teacher to sign my school up.

I'm so excited this year for the CCC and the ECOO. I took a while in the early fall to learn different programming paradigms and things like lambda expressions, delegates and other advanced features of C#, and took a while learning how to effectively use my IDE (two of my favourite features are pressing f12 to jump to the definition of something, and using the macro'd forwards and backwards buttons on my mouse to jump back to places I was editing previously)
crossley7

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:57 pm   Post subject: RE:Wcc

Yeah, I figured it was soon. Looking to possibly get to round 2 this year and then place at ECOO. We have our full team back from our 17th place last year so it is possible.

That and the rest of my team understands C++ better than last year so I will actually be able to use it during the contest as opposed to Turing.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
mirhagk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:14 pm   Post subject: RE:Wcc

Same here crossley. Placed decently in stage 1, but I think I can make stage 2 this year. My ECOO team got 16 I think last year (I think we guys beat you out by like 10 points, which we got thanks to my clever trick of using our faulty algorithms sub optimal path, and subtracting a random number from 1-10 from it)
crossley7

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:21 pm   Post subject: RE:Wcc

lol, well then I guess it will be fun. I can't even remember what we were doing, but i think for the search question my group started with a crap solution and I ran in with 15 minutes left and tried to code the whole thing in c++ but just had a small bug or 2 that stopped us from getting the submission in time.

Will be fun this year to hopefully have a chance against Toronto schools Smile
mirhagk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:51 pm   Post subject: RE:Wcc

Yeah the winning team retired, so that's good.
coolgod

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:50 pm   Post subject: Re: Wcc

gonna try to get to stage two, and maybe beyond. GLHF.
#Massey
crossley7

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:09 pm   Post subject: RE:Wcc

Well, CCC round 1 is tomorrow so good luck to everyone and I can't wait to see the problems and find out how people solve them.

I am feeling confident after the last DWITE (Although I can only dream the problems will be of similar difficulty :p) and can't wait to get going with the contest. Besides, I need it done with so I can move on and start working on the actual projects I want to do this semester for CS rather than doing warm up contest problems in class.
coolgod

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:12 pm   Post subject: Re: Wcc

personally i hope ccc won't be like the last dwite. Also i heard something about an online judging system, whats this stuff about?
crossley7

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:11 pm   Post subject: RE:Wcc

I hope so as well although it would make it a complete joke. As it was it sounds like it will be similar to last year so first 2 will be a joke, 3 will be pretty easy and then you have 2 hours to figure out what the last 2 are.

And from what I heard it is optional. Our school isn't doing the online judge but apparently if you use 1 of 4 or 5 languages (I know C,C++,Java are included, not sure what else) you can submit online similar to DWITE style for marking
   Index -> Contests
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 15 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: