Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Is there a go-to-line command in turing?
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
GreatSaiyaman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 10:07 pm   Post subject: Is there a go-to-line command in turing?

such as go to line 4, then turing goes to that line and begins there?

for ex.

if "var here" =1
go to line 4
else ........

Thanks for your time.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
krishon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 10:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

to save dan some pain, lol Wink there is no go-to line, and it is advised not to use a go to line. Wut i would do is copy the code u need and then paste it in the part you want
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 10:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol, thx krishon

whats going on with Go-To anyway? we got like 3 topics on it already Confused
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
azndragon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 12:25 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I guess Goto is such a desired feature, but all my teachers look down on it. Any assignment with a go-to feature in QBASIC is an automatic zero, so I guess they really hate it.
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 1:08 am   Post subject: (No subject)

hmm... well you guys do realize that loops and [b]If statments[b] all use build-in go-to's ?

well w/e. You can replace go-to with procedures and other.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 1:40 am   Post subject: god no to go to

thxs krishon for saving me the truble of dissing go to but i got to post about this any way Twisted Evil

i whode not remoned copying your code but using a for loop or just a loop with an exit comand.

ie.

code:

for i: 1..3
       put "hi, this has run ", i, " times"
end for

also the reason that most techers look down on go to is that when you get far in to oop (object ororented pormging) it realy can be a bad thing becuse it defeteas the propse of the oop and can cuase some very odd errors that have to do with librays and stuff in biger progaming laguges.

also about a loop relay beeing a goto line; that may be ture in turing but in other lauges it is acoutly progamed quite difrently in the librealys.

but in the end this argmunt about goto is very point less becuse 1. i dont even know if turing sports it and 2. if you do find a goto line and use it you techer will not like it.

P.S. i think that a lot of poleop whont to know about goto becuse most poleop who are new to progaming have not yet leared how to use loops. i think they turn to goto beucse they may have see some of the old tutorals for q-basick and other luages that teach goto.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
krishon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 8:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol, np dan, i know u have betta things to do Wink
vexd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

its looked down upon because it brings back "spaghetti code" which is where ur code flies everywhere, new way of coding is, 1 in 1 out and everything flowing generally downwards....
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

why would u want goto when u have procs? just do everything in procs
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

OOP 8)

it pwnz
chalcids

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:39 am   Post subject: Re: Is there a go-to-line command in turing?

But I need to use something like it so what line of code could I use or variables that can be used?
Aange10

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:16 pm   Post subject: RE:Is there a go-to-line command in turing?

chalc. You realize this post is EIGHT YEARS old right? If you need help make a thread; posting on dead topics is frowned upon here.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 12 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: