Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 GAME IDEAS- Check Here First if you need some!!!!
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
redisforever

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 7:57 pm   Post subject: RE:GAME IDEAS- Check Here First if you need some!!!!

I'm actually making a smallish FPS game, click on targets, the dissappear, your ammo counter goes down. I also have to use the parallel port for something. I will use it to make a controller, you know, reload button, switch weapons for different fire rate, and ammo count. I need help with the "collision detection" for the boxes.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
wysper

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 11:08 am   Post subject: RE:GAME IDEAS- Check Here First if you need some!!!!

make an Oblivion game Razz
USEC_OFFICER

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 4:08 pm   Post subject: RE:GAME IDEAS- Check Here First if you need some!!!!

@redisforever: I actually have a game exactly like that. What do you mean by collision detection? Is it for hitting the boxes or if they get too close together. (Use What.Colour for hitting the boxes, it's the fastest way I know how.)
chrisbrown

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 5:50 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:GAME IDEAS- Check Here First if you need some!!!!

USEC_OFFICER @ Wed May 26, 2010 4:08 pm wrote:
Use What.Colour for hitting the boxes, it's the fastest way I know how.

Bad.

What.Colour is for high school teachers who are unable or unwilling to teach rectangular collision detection.
redisforever

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 6:35 pm   Post subject: Re: GAME IDEAS- Check Here First if you need some!!!!

As a matter of fact, I have almost finished the game as of today. I have also added some code that randomly generates target co-ordinates and also a reload button. I also figured out how to get it to give you a point everytime you hit the target. I can post this later after I make it work without a parallel port controller I had to make. I'll have to make it use the keyboard.
Neoseeker

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 9:59 pm   Post subject: RE:GAME IDEAS- Check Here First if you need some!!!!

wtf? does the stuff Martin posted work? if i does...hehehehehe time for some paybak for marking so hard dear comp sci teacher
wysper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:21 pm   Post subject: RE:GAME IDEAS- Check Here First if you need some!!!!

ooo ooo..make a simple tower defence game Very Happy
evildaddy911

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:14 am   Post subject: RE:GAME IDEAS- Check Here First if you need some!!!!

that wouldnt be hard, make 2-6 turrets, a path for the enemies to take, turret mount points and.. done
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
brownni

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:17 pm   Post subject: Re: GAME IDEAS- Check Here First if you need some!!!!

Hi guys im new but i just found this thread and i wish i found it a couple days earlier Razz
Right now for my final grade 10 project im doing a deer hunting game Very Happy it is turning out to be really easy, and i think its a really easy game if you have a short amount of time Smile
Raknarg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:28 pm   Post subject: RE:GAME IDEAS- Check Here First if you need some!!!!

@evildaddy Skyrim isnt too hard... just add some weapons, have the character move and attack and... done
mirhagk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:44 pm   Post subject: RE:GAME IDEAS- Check Here First if you need some!!!!

don't forget to add lots of bugs, people love bugs.

I actually was going to make a skyrim clone, but then I took an arrow to the knee.
Raknarg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:52 pm   Post subject: RE:GAME IDEAS- Check Here First if you need some!!!!

haha or a sword to the chest, depending on where you go
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 12 of 12  [ 177 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: