Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Circle to Circle Collision Detection and Velocity
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Kuntzy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:02 pm   Post subject: Circle to Circle Collision Detection and Velocity

If anyone knows alot about Circle to Circle Collision detection and the vectors and velocity that a ball would have after such a collision, i would give all my bits and claim you to be the god of programming if you posted a good tutorial about the basics. I am not asking for competed code just some basics to work off of. Thanks!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cervantes

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I asked this question a lil while ago and Homer_Simpson helped me, wonder if I can help you before he finds this thread and tells you clear :p

I'll try
gah i tried, failed, and deleted it.

Here's two links from my endevours with circle collision

http://www.compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?t=2700&highlight=volleyball+bouncing

or

http://www.compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?t=2794&highlight=volleyball+bouncing
Cheers,
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

there's that old tutorial on pool game (circle collisions)... code itself doesnt work well, but I think it is described well enough to write your own.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Kuntzy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 4:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thanx I didn't see the pool tutorial. Homers code was to confussing to understand for me, I need it in a more of a tutorail form, i ask the question I have already looked at it already and it didn't help me, becuase I could follow the logic of his code. Though i was an awsome program.
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the tutorial is found here

though it's more of a trig consept to use to calculate rebound vectors after oval collision.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: