Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 HELP ME PLEASE!!!!
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
XeRoideR999

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:47 am   Post subject: HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

I have a project that im doing, and i need a code that asks a user to input a minutes, and the minutes that the user entered will be converted into minutes and hours. here is what i mean.
example: input: 600
output: 10 hours

please tell me the code for that.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
DanShadow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:18 am   Post subject: (No subject)

hmm....so essentially your asking us to do your project for you? Hmm...looks like we have found anoher person... Mad
Well...we wont do your project for your, or tell you all the code, but we will help you with it. If you ask specific questions detailing to your project, we may answer them. For yours, make 2 variables, "hours,minutes". Ask the user to input to the "minutes" variable, then have an if that checks if the "minutes variable is over 60, if it is, it adds 1 to the hour, and subtracts 60 from the minutes variable. Do this over and over until "minutes" is less the 60. Then display this:
put hours,":",minutes
This will display the amount of hours, and the amount of minutes.
templest

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:37 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

I recommend you read the following article on "how to ask question". It might help you in that aspect.

[url] http://www.security-forums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=249 [/url]

Also, believe it or not... there are tons of exampler sourcecode on this site that may contain examples of code of that which you are looking for.

Aswell... there's a little known something called "google". Here... Let me save you the trouble of typing the URL out http://www.google.com believe it or not... there are various websites regarding Turing on the internet. Shocked Can you believe that!?

On a side note... sorry for being such an ass, but it's just that... do you know how annoying it is to see someone ask a question with the phrase "HELP!!!!!!" which has no indication to what the problem might be? How do I know you don't need help zipping you fly up? or kicking a dog in the balls? Ohh wait... It's a Turing question? Sorry, I didn't know. (note: this doesn't mean that your subject should be called "HELP! TURING PROBLEM!!!!!!" that's still a bit too vague Rolling Eyes ).

in conclusion... no, We won't do you homework for you. That's what "F9", "F8", and (if your teacher has provided one) your turing textbook.[/url]
templest

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:42 am   Post subject: (No subject)

note: I won't even read your post. I am working on my mIRC clone Smile (in Turing) and do not have the time.
XeRoideR999

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:44 am   Post subject: i just need help

dude i dont want you to make my project, i just want the code for calculating the minutes that the user have entered and convert them into hours and minutes, i have done some work, now i only need the code for converting.

Mod Edit: Your code has no relevence to the question, and it was messing with my scroll bar, so I deleted it.

here is what i did so far, so you wouldnt think that im asking for you to do my project.
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:50 am   Post subject: (No subject)

caps are lame... and we know u need help... dont state the obvious
DanShadow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hmm..is this contradictory, or is it just me?
XeRoideR999 wrote:

dude i dont want you to make my project, i just want the code for calculating the minutes that the user have entered and convert them into hours and minutes

Technically, asking for the code is asking us to do your project. If your going to ask a question, dont ask for code, just request an answer for the question. *sigh*
Thuged_Out_G

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

minutes to hours=divide minutes by 60

EG. 600 minutes / 60 = 10 hrs

code:

function convert(mins:int):int
var hours:int
hours:=mins/60
result hours
end convert

put convert(60000)
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
shorthair

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

All wrong man , its gonna end up so that if you type in 160 minutes it will say 2 hours
your gonna want this

code:

var minutes, minu2, newvar, newvar2 : int
get minutes
newvar = minutes div 60
newvar2 := minutes mod 60
put newvar, "Hours and ", newvar2, " Minutes"

There you go NOW NEVER ASK FOR THAT KIND OF HELP AGAIN
Dont as lpeopel to d oprojects for you , good thing i was really bored when i got home
DanShadow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hehehe...the beggar got what he wanted....I think this topic should be locked, just for the name: HELP ME PLEASE!!...and its in caps, GR!
XeRoideR999

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:49 am   Post subject: thank you...

Thank you for your help guys, and sorry that you dont like caps, lol
im just new to this site and i didnt know how to ask questions on this site.
but thank you very much Smile
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 11 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: