Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Please do NOT post "I need help" titles
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Asok

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 11:22 pm   Post subject: Please do NOT post "I need help" titles

After discussions, the compsci.ca staff would like to inform you that any thread with the topic title is general such as "I need help" "help me please" "Help fast ASAP" will be deleted and you will not recieve help. Your title must reflect your problem. This being done only to improve these forums as new users can check previous questions by topic accurately, as "I need help" is not descriptive.

This will be put into affect for all topics created after this post. Please note that we still want to help, so please be courteous enough to label your problem correctly.

Thank You,
CompSci.Ca Staff
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 11:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

not only does it help others, but it also helps you, such as users who see a familiar discussion will be more likely to take a look than on a random "need help" topic.

Such as when we had 3 separate topics about same problem, help wasnt very efficient since disussions greaty suffered from poor organization.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
JSBN

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 2:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Also, PLEASE SEARCH THE FORM BEFORE POSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ugh! alot of questions have already been asked! also, it seems that i must bring to the attention of many people that there is a tutorial section. SO STOP ASKING ABOUT GUI AND OTHER CRAP THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN EXPLAINED!!!!!!!
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
white_dragon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

does this mean tat if someone needs a program made, no help gonna give 2 tat guy?
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

if you need an entire program made, better find someone nearby and pay them to do it Laughing Because that's not what this forum is for... Its not like I sit here bored with nothing better to do then to do your ISU
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

pay me over paypal and i'll do it
Whatdotcolour_Warlord

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

don't go to that poser. if you want a program from a whatdotcolour master, just ask me. 8)
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

WTF??? WHY ARE PPL TRYING TO BE LIKE ME???
there is a whatdotcolor commander, then a whatdotcolor warlord, what next? general? emperor? i swear, if on the dwite i see a whatdotcolor team without my name on it, all of u are going down Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
shorthair

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Im on your side dodge , i was tellin him he cant just come in here with a newb rating and tell everyone your a poser and hat he knows all about turing ,
weshould test him and if he fails make him the whatdotcolor_backup. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol... compare whatdotcolor skillz.. i can replace timers, recursion, index functions, and almost every function with whatdotcolor
naoki

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

why isn't this topic being looked at? all i f**king see on this forum is stupid little kids asking stupid little questions

FYI folks, there's a person you might know of. His/her profession is COMPUTER SCIENCE TEACHER. that's right, i know it's a shock, but it looks like that person who keeps standing at the front of your room is PAID to know and PAID to help and PAID to make you understand.

god, all those stupid questions only make me wonder how low the standards of some schools have become.
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hah, just to put things in perspective, in my school a grade 11 ISU is a 2 player (no AI) tic-tac-toe game... Now seeing as it has to be done in VB ether way, one can finish such assignment in... umm... well, under 30 minutes if the programmer desides to spend some time to make it good looking. If you just throw 9 buttons on the form, even faster. Heck, 90% of the code are just if statements looking for a compleat row Laughing
TheZsterBunny

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 2:57 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Most of the stuff users ask is pretty basic, and if left to themselves, could probably work it out. Perhaps we should design some sort of etiquette for these forums. I know 2 rules that should be imposed right off the bat:
a) no very stretched words or punctuation. ex.
Quality wrote:
pllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllz help me

and other titles involving '????????????????????????????' or '!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'.
b) read damnable tutorials. if you want to change your text, look up text or font. if you want to do animation, look up the animation tutorial. hint: keys F8, F9, F10.

*sigh*
I remember being noobish.

...still am

-bunny
not_l33t

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 11:29 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Oh snap. I just made one "Help me". Sorry about that, I just joined.
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 1:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

thats alright, just click edit in your post and change the subject line
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 22 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: