Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 GUI - small nitpicky problem
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
plainjane

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 10:15 pm   Post subject: GUI - small nitpicky problem

i am writing an email program (due Monday! me procrastinator Razz), and in my login screen i use two GUI text fields to get the username and password and then i have two buttons, OK(goes on) and Cancel (exits).

when u finish typing ur name/ pass, u click on either button.

just wondering if there's a way to select OK by pressing enter (without clicking) after u finish typing...

and no, GUI.CreateButtonFull (x, y, ...etc..., true) does NOT work
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 10:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ask KK - he's in your class (I think) Wink seeing as he got same assignment

now if shortcuts dont work (you might have to have Alt or Ctrl as part of it) then you can check for it yourself in the driver loop

code:

loop
[Input.KeysDown]
exit when GUI.ProcessEvent
end loop

if you dont know how to use Input.KeysDown, read a tutorail on it (we have tutorails on everything Laughing ). This will basically allow you to have your own shortcuts
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
plainjane

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:01 am   Post subject: (No subject)

thank you! The bad news: my version of turing doesnt have that, nor doesthe one at school... but thanks anyway...

and yes, kk sits beside me Razz. and i solved her problem... in a sumwut simpler (but uglier) way involving loops... (heh i know that's vague, but i gotta get to work soon... maybe i post l8r)
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: