Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 PAINT PROGRAM RECURSION
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Jodo Yodo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:25 pm   Post subject: PAINT PROGRAM RECURSION

I'm making a paint program using Turing, and I need to create a procedure that will be similar to the Paintbucket tool in other paint programs. I can't use just drawfill because that will flood the entire screen if it encounters more than one colour border. PLEASE HELP, I really need this.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
DanShadow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 3:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well...what y ou could do, is every time the user does something, like makes a circle, record the x,y,color, etc. in an array. Then when the user uses paint bucket, it fills everything until the border, then redraws what it has in the array. Will that work for you?
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

are you from Massey? I swear, the gr.11 in our school all have to do this program, and most of them call upon last year's people to help them out, I had to help out alot of people cuz they don't get what they are suppose to do. This problem was like the one everyone needed help on. dodge_tomahawk was giving out solutions to bunch of people, so if you know him, PM him or something for the code, he is handing it out anyways. I think when the teacher checks it, everyone is going to have the same code, and it will all come from dodge, one way or another.
Andy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 8:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yepp, me torchoring the kids who dont know arrays wit recursion and WHATDOTCOLOR well yea, i'll post it one of these days
McKenzie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 8:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The problem is about half of them are trying to understand what recursion is, how it works, how the floodfill works, but the other half are more than happy to cut and paste without siting the source or understand the code.
DanShadow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 8:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Exactly! And really, what is the point of taking a computer science class if your not going to learn anything from it?? Thats why, if I help someone, ill either explain how to do it, or give them a piece of the code, uncommented. lol, im not lazy, I just want them to go through the code and see how it works, and how they can use such concepts in their program.
Andy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 8:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

sir, get msn... lol
McKenzie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Why? It's just not my style. Here I can reply whenever I want to. With messenger if you don't reply for a bit people think you are rude. I've tried it before, but I'm not convinced. (Although I kinda liked Yahoo messenger, cool scenes)
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Andy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

get that then, i'll get it just for you... lol seriously
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: