Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Returning variables with processes
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
haujobb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 11:51 am   Post subject: Returning variables with processes

Is it possible to return a variable using a process? In the game I'm programming a process determines a variable and another part of the game reads the value of that variable but when it gets to that points it drops out saying that variable has no value...

any ideas?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Blade

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 11:53 am   Post subject: (No subject)

you could assign the variable in the process to a main variable that you declare in the main program
Catalyst

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 4:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

u could call it by reference
haujobb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 9:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thanx for helping but could you elaborate please Very Happy
Blade

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 9:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

if you meant me... then i meant.. if you declare a variable outside of the process then you can assign the value of the variable inside of the process to that external one... as for what catalyst is talking about.. i dont know, cuz i'm new at this too (only 2 months)
Catalyst

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 9:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

just checked, turing doesnt let processes call by-reference so just ignore my reply
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: