Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Need help with highscores
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Tony_200004

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:52 pm   Post subject: Need help with highscores

Hey... i am making a blackjack game for school... i have almost everything in it just need to make it look cooler and have a way to keep highscores of money.... i am relatively new to this so i need a step by step instruction on how to do the highscores... Thanks for any help you can give me...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
shorthair

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

What grade are you in because you dont learn all that till grade 11 , and it can get very complicated , its a total other program ,and to intergrate it in now could be very tricky, if you let me see the source i can see if i can work with it
shorthair

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

do you know how to read and write to binary files? thats the basic starting point , you need this method becusae otherwise , every time you write data to the file it erases what was there before , the only other way to tackle that is to capy what is in there when you open it and then re write it with the new data. but your also gonna have to learn how to search a file for certain keywords , and if a user changes his name from justin to Justin , then it wont find the record in the highscores becasue j in ascii is different than J
Tony_200004

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well i am in a grade 10 turing basics corse... it is for my ISU so i dont want to post the code here.... i dont know how to write binary or anything like that and only got a till monday to get it added so i think i will just leave it out for now...
shorthair

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

okay no problem
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: