Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 16 million colour
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Ashkan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:44 pm   Post subject: 16 million colour

hey yall
i know it is possible to make colours in turing using the combination of RED GREEN BLUE to make a colour from the 16 milllion range.

I read the RGB tutorials and other posts regarding making one but none i could really get to apply to my problem.. they were delaing with shadowing and stuff.

if any one can simply make a program which draws a box with this colour
i would appreciate it

RED: 226 , Green : 220 , Blue : 124
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 9:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ok, first you should understand that the RGB commands in turing take red green and blue values from 0.0 to 1.0
and then the code would be something like this:
code:

var clr := RGB.AddColour (226 / 255, 220 / 255, 124 / 255)

drawfillbox (0, 0, maxx, maxy, clr)

the function RGB.AddColour returns a number for the colour that was created, and returns 1 if the colour was not created successfully.
Ashkan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:23 am   Post subject: (No subject)

hey Mazer
thanx alot for the code and explanation but why do i see a black screen ? even if i change the numbers i still get a black screen..
any suggestion for that
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:07 am   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah, it doesn't make sense to me, i would think that RGB values like those would give you a pale yellow or slightly orange colour. i think turing is kinda messed, try other colours most should work.
Ashkan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:20 am   Post subject: (No subject)

hey i checked in school today on the latest turing version 4.05 not 4.04c and it showed the right colour.
=) thanx
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: