Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Using System commands in WinOOt.
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
worrow

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 5:03 pm   Post subject: Using System commands in WinOOt.

Hey everyone I need some help. I cannot figure out how to run system files from oot. So for example I wanted to run delete, or shutdown or even a program such as scandisk. What is the command line I might need to use for this. Just list an example and I'll change it to what I would like it to be. If you want you could contact me on MSN Messanger. My addy is justinworrow@hotmail.com just add me or message me. Thank you for reading this. I know this is an out there question. But nobody else seems to ask this question. So please reply back to me ASAP.

Thanks
Justin

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Drink milk, love life.[/u]
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 5:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ahh... all bold + italic looks lame... you dont use AOL by any chance, do you?

anyway...
Sys.Exec ( command : string )

where command is a string containing the path for a filename that will be opened in assosiated program (same as you would double click)

Also works for URLs, they will be opened in your default browser.

Though its a function and returns a value. You must do something with the value... such as to make it work, use put Sys.Exec("www.compsci.ca")

to delete a file use File.Delete (filePathName : string)

to shut down your computer run the shutdown.exe (or something similar) using Sys.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
worrow

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 8:23 am   Post subject: Sys.Exec Problems

Sad Well I've tried your theory. I cannot say that it has worked very well. But it keeps coming back and saying it's not a procedure. I tried using this:
Sys.Exec ("www.google.ca") it came back and said "Expression is not a procedure and hence cannot be called." What am I doing wrong??? Did I type it in wrong??? Could you list a full line for it that you made work so I may try it and see if it works on mine? Thanks for the help. Please reply.

Justin

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Drink milk, love life. Wink
Delta

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 9:10 am   Post subject: Hmmmm...Try this

It should be like this

code:

put Sys.Exec (command:string)
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 12:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
Though its a function and returns a value. You must do something with the value... such as to make it work, use put Sys.Exec("www.compsci.ca")

you need to do something with returning value of the function.

you can assign it to a variable, output to window, use in if statment... w/e
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: