Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Tic Tac Toe
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
kalin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:15 pm   Post subject: Tic Tac Toe

Hey, I'm having trouble with the AI for it, could someone please help me?? I've restarted like twenty times and I could use some help... My msn is mynameisamber@hotmail.com feel free to add me!!!! and please help!!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
DanShadow

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You could make an unbeatable AI that checks moves ahead. Like a bunch of if values:
code:

if bottom_left_square="x" and middle_square="x" then
Draw.Oval(top_right_corner_x,top_right_corner_y,5,5,2)
elsif bottom_left_square="x" and bottom_middle_square="x" then
Draw.Oval(bottom_right_corner_x,top_right_corner_y,5,5,2)
else
%Other things to check all spaces
end if

This of course isnt completely unbeatable, but you can make it unbeatable if you know a lot of tic tac toe combo moves, lik hitting a bunch of certain ones, so you automatically will get a line if you pick 1 of 2 squares to complete a line. Thats one way you could make AI in tic tac toe.
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the best AI is to make completely random moves Laughing

otherwise the simpliest AI would be:

DEFEND - block if user has two in a row
ATTACK - move so that AI has 2/3 in a row
RANDOM - if you're not defending or attacking
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 11:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Bugz made his turing 4x4x4 tictactoe unbeatable AI and coded it in c++ and exported to VB so it has the graphics...Im sure if you ask nicely enough, he would give you the code...........................or maybe not.
kalin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 7:14 am   Post subject: (No subject)

thanks! That should help!
DanShadow

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:49 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Your welcome...
and random moves AI wont win though, lol.
icedesi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 7:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

That is a good idea eh, never thought of that! 8) Rolling Eyes
kalin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, either way, I gotta start from scratch!! Boohoo. Oh well. I'll suck it up. Anyone got any tips on making it so that a function says that places are taken?? If not its ok!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
recneps

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

look at my tic tac toe in source code... its not AI, but it shows how i made it so you can only click on sq's with nothing in em
kalin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 7:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the one that has the tic tac toe and a couple other games in it?? AKA the zipped up one???
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 7:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

just search for "tic tac toe" and "recneps" as the post author in [turing source code] or [turing submissions]... depending on where it was posted and I'm sure you'll find it
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
kalin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 7:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, I kinda sorted out a problem I had, now I have a bigger problem . Can anyone help??

code:
var takenx : array 1 .. 9 of boolean
var takeny : array 1 .. 9 of int
var boxx, boxy : array 1 .. 9 of int
var turn, who_won_game : string := "nobody"
var x, y, b : int := 0
var answer : string
var u, c : array 1 .. 5 of int

%process playstuff
%   loop
%      Music.PlayFile ("Zelda 2 - Majora's Mask - Deku Palace.mp3")
% end loop

%end playstuff

%fork playstuff

procedure Initialize (var c, u : array 1 .. 5 of int)
    for initial : 1 .. 5
        u (initial) := -999
        c (initial) := -999
    end for
end Initialize

for i : 1 .. 9
    takenx (i) := false
    takeny (i) := 0
    turn := "player 1"
end for

boxx (1) := 60
boxx (2) := 160
boxx (3) := 260
boxy (1) := 60
boxy (2) := 60
boxy (3) := 60
boxx (4) := 60
boxx (5) := 160
boxx (6) := 260
boxy (4) := 160
boxy (5) := 160
boxy (6) := 160
boxx (7) := 60
boxx (8) := 160
boxx (9) := 260
boxy (7) := 260
boxy (8) := 260
boxy (9) := 260

procedure Draw_Screen
        Draw.Box (boxx (i) - 50, boxy (i) - 50, boxx (i) + 50, boxy (i) + 50, 255)
    end for
end Draw_Screen

function Get_Users_Move:int
        if (turn = "player 1") and (x > boxx (i) - 50 and x < boxx (i) + 50) and (y > boxy (i) - 50 and y < boxy (i) + 50) and (b = 1) then
            takenx (i) := true
            takeny (i) := 1
            turn := "computer"
        end if
    end for
end Get_Users_Move

procedure Plot_Move
        if (takenx (i) = true) and (takeny (i) = 1) then
            Draw.Line (boxx (i) - 50, boxy (i) + 50, boxx (i) + 50, boxy (i) - 50, 12)
            Draw.Line (boxx (i) - 50, boxy (i) - 50, boxx (i) + 50, boxy (i) + 50, 12)
        elsif (takenx (i) = true) and (takeny (i) = 2) then
            Draw.Oval (boxx (i), boxy (i), 45, 45, 2)
        end if
    end for
end Plot_Move
%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
function Block_User :int
    if (takenx (2) = true and takenx (3) = true) and (takeny (2) = 1 and takeny (3) = 1) then
        Draw.Oval (boxx (1), boxy (1), 45, 45, 2)
    elsif (takenx (1) = true and takenx (3) = true) and (takeny (1) = 1 and takeny (3) = 1) then
        Draw.Oval (boxx (4), boxy (2), 45, 45, 2)
    elsif (takenx (1) = true and takenx (2) = true) and (takeny (1) = 1 and takeny (2) = 1) then
        Draw.Oval (boxx (7), boxy (3), 45, 45, 2)
    elsif (takenx (5) = true and takenx (6) = true) and (takeny (5) = 1 and takeny (6) = 1) then
        Draw.Oval (boxx (2), boxy (4), 45, 45, 2)
    elsif (takenx (4) = true and takenx (6) = true) and (takeny (4) = 1 and takeny (6) = 1) then
        Draw.Oval (boxx (5), boxy (5), 45, 45, 2)
    elsif (takenx (4) = true and takenx (5) = true) and (takeny (4) = 1 and takeny (5) = 1) then
        Draw.Oval (boxx (8), boxy (6), 45, 45, 2)
    elsif (takenx (8) = true and takenx (9) = true) and (takeny (8) = 1 and takeny (9) = 1) then
        Draw.Oval (boxx (3), boxy (7), 45, 45, 2)
    elsif (takenx (7) = true and takenx (9) = true) and (takeny (7) = 1 and takeny (9) = 1) then
        Draw.Oval (boxx (6), boxy (8), 45, 45, 2)
    elsif (takenx (7) = true and takenx (8) = true) and (takeny (7) = 1 and takeny (8) = 1) then
        Draw.Oval (boxx (9), boxy (9), 45, 45, 2)
    elsif (takenx (5) = true and takenx (9) = true) and (takeny (5) = 1 and takeny (9) = 1) then
    elsif (takenx (1) = true and takenx (9) = true) and (takeny (1) = 1 and takeny (9) = 1) then
    elsif (takenx (1) = true and takenx (5) = true) and (takeny (1) = 1 and takeny (5) = 1) then
    elsif (takenx (5) = true and takenx (3) = true) and (takeny (5) = 1 and takeny (3) = 1) then
    elsif (takenx (7) = true and takenx (3) = true) and (takeny (7) = 1 and takeny (3) = 1) then
    elsif (takenx (7) = true and takenx (5) = true) and (takeny (7) = 1 and takeny (5) = 1) then
    elsif (takenx (4) = true and takenx (7) = true) and (takeny (4) = 1 and takeny (7) = 1) then
    elsif (takenx (1) = true and takenx (7) = true) and (takeny (1) = 1 and takeny (7) = 1) then
    elsif (takenx (1) = true and takenx (4) = true) and (takeny (1) = 1 and takeny (4) = 1) then
    elsif (takenx (5) = true and takenx (8) = true) and (takeny (5) = 1 and takeny (8) = 1) then
    elsif (takenx (2) = true and takenx (8) = true) and (takeny (2) = 1 and takeny (8) = 1) then
    elsif (takenx (2) = true and takenx (5) = true) and (takeny (2) = 1 and takeny (5) = 1) then
        Draw.Oval (boxx (6), boxy (8), 45, 45, 2)
    elsif (takenx (6) = true and takenx (9) = true) and (takeny (6) = 1 and takeny (9) = 1) then
    elsif (takenx (3) = true and takenx (9) = true) and (takeny (3) = 1 and takeny (9) = 1) then
        Draw.Oval (boxx (8), boxy (6), 45, 45, 2)
    elsif (takenx (3) = true and takenx (6) = true) and (takeny (3) = 1 and takeny (6) = 1) then
    end if
end Block_User

%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

function Get_Computers_Move :int
    for i : 1 .. 5
        if u (i) not= -999 and u (i) = 5 then
            Draw.Oval (boxx (i), boxy (i), 45, 45, 2)
            turn := "player 1"
        end if
    end for
end Get_Computers_Move

function User_Won : boolean
    if (takenx (1) = true and takenx (2) = true and takenx (3) = true) and (takeny (1) = 1 and takeny (2) = 1 and takeny (3) = 1)
            or (takenx (4) = true and takenx (5) = true and takenx (6) = true) and (takeny (4) = 1 and takeny (5) = 1 and takeny (6) = 1)
            or (takenx (7) = true and takenx (8) = true and takenx (9) = true) and (takeny (7) = 1 and takeny (8) = 1 and takeny (9) = 1)
            or (takenx (1) = true and takenx (5) = true and takenx (9) = true) and (takeny (1) = 1 and takeny (5) = 1 and takeny (9) = 1)
            or (takenx (7) = true and takenx (5) = true and takenx (3) = true) and (takeny (7) = 1 and takeny (5) = 1 and takeny (3) = 1)
            or (takenx (1) = true and takenx (4) = true and takenx (7) = true) and (takeny (1) = 1 and takeny (4) = 1 and takeny (7) = 1)
            or (takenx (2) = true and takenx (5) = true and takenx (8) = true) and (takeny (2) = 1 and takeny (5) = 1 and takeny (8) = 1)
            or (takenx (3) = true and takenx (6) = true and takenx (9) = true) and (takeny (3) = 1 and takeny (6) = 1 and takeny (9) = 1) then
        who_won_game := "player 1"
    end if
end User_Won

function Computer_Won : boolean
    if (takenx (1) = true and takenx (2) = true and takenx (3) = true) and (takeny (1) = 2 and takeny (2) = 2 and takeny (3) = 2)
            or (takenx (4) = true and takenx (5) = true and takenx (6) = true) and (takeny (4) = 2 and takeny (5) = 2 and takeny (6) = 2)
            or (takenx (7) = true and takenx (8) = true and takenx (9) = true) and (takeny (7) = 2 and takeny (8) = 2 and takeny (9) = 2)
            or (takenx (1) = true and takenx (5) = true and takenx (9) = true) and (takeny (1) = 2 and takeny (5) = 2 and takeny (9) = 2)
            or (takenx (7) = true and takenx (5) = true and takenx (3) = true) and (takeny (7) = 2 and takeny (5) = 2 and takeny (3) = 2)
            or (takenx (1) = true and takenx (4) = true and takenx (7) = true) and (takeny (1) = 2 and takeny (4) = 2 and takeny (7) = 2)
            or (takenx (2) = true and takenx (5) = true and takenx (8) = true) and (takeny (2) = 2 and takeny (5) = 2 and takeny (8) = 2)
            or (takenx (3) = true and takenx (6) = true and takenx (9) = true) and (takeny (3) = 2 and takeny (6) = 2 and takeny (9) = 2) then
        who_won_game := "computer"
    end if
end Computer_Won

%-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
%-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

loop
    setscreen ("offscreenonly")
    mousewhere (x, y, b)
    Draw_Screen
    Initialize (c, u)
    Plot_Move
    exit when who_won_game not= "nobody"
end loop
locate (3, 1)
if who_won_game = "player 1" then
    put "You Won!!!"
elsif who_won_game = "computer" then
    put "The computer won... Oh well. Try again next time"
end if

See the thing is, a) it wont load for me until I go to close it. And b) it refuses to have the 'x' show up. Can anyone help??

If this same problem has been posted, sorry,m I looked, but mustve missed, if its been asked. If it has, give me the link and I'll go there. Thx!
Cervantes

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you forgot to put in View.Update
kalin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I know, I can't use that at school....older version bah. Hate that
Cervantes

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

then petition your teacher to let you use 4.0.5 Very Happy

and if you can't use View.Update, take out the View.Set ("offscreenonly")

that oughta do it
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 19 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: