Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Assignment suggestions please.
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Scott832

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 4:35 pm   Post subject: Assignment suggestions please.

Ok here is the assignment:

Create a new program that uses put, get, locate, colour and drawing commands. The program can do whatever you want.

I also know a few other commands such as play, sound and var (obviously), but I don't even know where to start.

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I am not asking people that are reading this to do the assignment (just to clarify that), I just need some ideas.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 5:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well if its ideas you want, we got a bunch of user submited programs in our "submit" topic area. Including some sweet drawing programs (well considering they were programmed in tuirng Shocked )

PLUS many other interesting once. Take a look for insparation Very Happy
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Scott832

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 8:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ok I looked at the submissions, but that didn't really help. so could somebody give me a specific example/idea. Again I am not asking for someone to do the assignment I just need an idea for what I should do for the assignment.
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 8:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i donno... I could give you a bunch, but it depends on your skill level if you can do it or not.

Games are always fun:
tetris
columns (also called color tetris)
pacman
pong (very simple... got a nice example submited too)

Calculators:
to calculate whatever... find an interesting formula and build a program around it. If you add a lot of nice features like graphs/animations (w/e the progra), help menues, etc... it could work out quite nicely.

Database:
Shocked needs records and random access... but can be an awesome program if you got skillz. A dabase of something with sorts and stuff... very impressive.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Scott832

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 8:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thanks thats helpful (even though I am not that skilled at turing). I really apreciate your help.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: