Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 PICTURE MERGING
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Boarder16

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 9:27 pm   Post subject: PICTURE MERGING

i need to know how to merge a pic, so i can merge it to a background. I've seen it done before where u make a pic in paint, make the background dark grey, load it infront of another pic in turing and theres a command in the call of the 2nd pic and it makes the grey see-through and u can see the first pic with the newly laoded one ontop...i need to know what to type in the picutres call statement... its for an new game i'm making, i'll post it here soon when its done..... 8)
thanks
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
poly

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you could use the Turing reference or search for the many topics already about this...
To merge a pic:
code:
Pic.Draw (picID, x, y, picMerge)
recneps

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:52 am   Post subject: (No subject)

and im not sure if the grey will go transparent, i think its only white (not sure though, give it a try)
Boarder16

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 12:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

thanks, but i did search through the hel p files and topics, but the words merge and pic never turned up any result si could use, it never said picMerge in there ,thats y i was aking... but thanks Very Happy
Boarder16

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 12:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i am trying it but it hilights the c:\...........so on and says argument is wrong type... i am trying to load a bmp..i think pic.drawdraws circles and squares and so on. I also tried just using the name of the pic..but it still issn't workin..
DanShadow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 1:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yeah, just do what is below. It should merge white background, but I forget. Ok, but seriously, make it much easi er, and buy (or get pirated...*cough*) Photoshop. At t he bottom, ill explaain what to do in Photoshop to help.
code:

var pic : int := Pic.FileNew ("the_picture.bmp")
Pic.Draw (pic, 15, 20, picMerge) 
%The 15 represents the x co-ordinate of the bottom left corner
%The 20 represents the y co-ordinate of the bottom left corner
%the_picture.bmp represents the bitmap pictures filename

Ok, "File", "Import" the .bmp file. (Make sure it has white background, its easier) Use the 'Magic Wand' tool to select all the white background. Then "Delete" it . Goto your "Layers" window, ("Windows" --> Turn on Layers Window) drag the lay er called "Background" to the little garbage can, and delete it. Then go to "Help"...and click "Export Transparent Image"...pretty much just fo llow the instructions..or press enter or "Next" a bunch of times...and y ou will end up with your image, but the background is transparent. This eliminates th e hassle of PicMerge. Very Happy
Boarder16

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 2:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thanks, i already have a *cough* version of photoshop lol 8) Laughing , and i know what the 15 and 20 meant lol (i'm not THAT stupid, but i wasn't sure if teh transparent background would work in photoshop... i can just load the pic onto a transparent back to start..... and then delete the surounding are around teh pic.. it'll still work... but thanks.. .good idea with the photoshop...
Boarder16

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 3:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

thansk the picMerge worked.. using the commands. didn't bother tryin teh photoshop way.. tahnks.. 4 a second i thoughtit haddent worked but then i realized i was drawin the pic at teh coordinates u left , i forgot to change them t othe variables lol...but u prolly hvae no clue what i mean.. lol thanks though Exclamation
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
DanShadow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

no I know exactly what you mean...and as for the 15 and 20...well I dont know how stupid or smart some people are, so I just put it just in case. Smile
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: