Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 a good brochure making program?
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:28 pm   Post subject: a good brochure making program?

Who knows if there exists a brochure making program that let you design professional looking brochure? Or for anyone in the Windsor/Detroit area, is there a store that does that, when you give them a design and they print it for you?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i guess powerpoint is a good one... so is flash... and adope writer...
Rudiger

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hey asiansdhflsd i have a problem with you first sars is gone so can you take that off, and shouldn't be azien then asien because you like form china or somthing like that (guessing from your pic)
roer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Microsoft Publisher
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Rudiger wrote:
hey asiansdhflsd i have a problem with you first sars is gone so can you take that off, and shouldn't be azien then asien because you like form china or somthing like that (guessing from your pic)

damn boy, your spelling is worse than dan's. Btw, in case you didn't know, SARS is back, they found bunch of cases of SARS in Taiwan and southern China, again. And what's this with "azien" not "asien"? And what does this have to do with me from China? And what does my pic have to do with this? The picture was just something I found funny, I don't look like that guy.

anyways, I know publisher is ok for making brochures, I've used it before. I haven't used flash or adobe writer before, I'll try that out. Btw, can normal printer print on those paper those professional companies use for their brochures?
McKenzie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 3:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

roer is right,

MS Publisher is the best if you are not the best at design. The pre-set stuff ensures that you don't stray too far off the path. The only real problem is that because it is so common you can easily end up with a brochure that looks like everyone elses (good for a Church group, bad for a rock group). Adobe is better if you have some design skills. I'm not sure Homer understands what you are asking. Flash and Publisher are great for something that you plan to have viewed on the computer, but poor for paper products.

Paper - almost for sure your printer can print on the pro quality paper. The issues you have to consider are.
1. Will the paper support the resolution you need. (600 dpi min if you plan to include actual photos)
2. Can you print on both sides and fold the paper? Most of the high res stuff is aimed at printing home photos (thick (60lb) and one sided (well coted one one side.))
You will want something around (if you plan on using both sides):
30 lb, 98 bright, gloss finish (for photos, use matte otherwise)

As for as having someone do it for you, I would suggest calling around places like Minuteman printing, Staples.... Find our wich formats they support, make your brochure in that format then have them print it. Professional design costs money, and you are better off learning some new stuff rather than wasting money.
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it's just a project we have to do for biology class, you have to make a brochure about some genetically inherited disease. So if it's going to cost so much money at staples and whatnot, might as well do it myself. What about Kinko's? do they also charge alot for printing services?
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 7:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

fougere isn't expecting photo quality brochures. you can just do a normal colour print, i think he'd be focusing on the quality and quantity of the information rather than the eye candy. unless of course you're going for bonus marks in which case i would have to tell you to forget about biology and focus on the computer science.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 7:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

that's assuming I have fougere for bio, but I have hemzeh for bio and fougere for chem, so.........

and I'm already done compsci, or the binary tree assignment anyways.
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

fougere teaches chem? poor chem students... i mean, uh, i guess i shouldn't make assumptions. i guess i just jumped to that conclusion because i had fougere for bio last year and we had the same project. but anyways, i'm sure what i said still applies. and as for the compsci, i'm not talking about the binary trees project, i'm talking about the end of year project! do you mean to tell me that you haven't started it yet? Shocked
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Mazer wrote:
...and as for the compsci, i'm not talking about the binary trees project, i'm talking about the end of year project! do you mean to tell me that you haven't started it yet? Shocked

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

I totally forgot about the end of the year project! Damn it Mazer, why did you have to make me get off my lazy bum to do a project? I was quite enjoying these days where I could just sit around watching old Chinese Kung Fu movies while laughing at the English subtitles......
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well, you better hurry up and get started. and pray for a miracle, time is running short.
bredlyfenz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:01 am   Post subject: Re: a good brochure making program?

For me, PowerPoint and Adobe reader are the best for making a brochure.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 13 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: