Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Animated GIF's
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
recneps

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 8:54 pm   Post subject: Animated GIF's

it would be really cool, if someone could make a program that can take several GIF's and make an animated one. hint hint, someone out there (if its possible in turing!)
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 10:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it will be possible with turing in 4~5 years, when the copyright on .gif encoding expires Laughing HoltSoft is just too cheap to buy a licence to use .gif files:?
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Mazer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 7:26 am   Post subject: (No subject)

that's pretty freaking retarded to have a copyright on a file format. Rolling Eyes
recneps

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 11:37 am   Post subject: (No subject)

i agree lol
roer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Mazer wrote:
that's pretty freaking retarded to have a copyright on a file format. Rolling Eyes

Actually it's a smart idea for the creators, they are able to collect royalties from people buying the license. It's like saying "Let's make Windows Open Source!!!", we all know it won't happen
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:29 am   Post subject: (No subject)

still... that's crap man. now if you'll excuse me i need to go create and standardize the *.mai (Mazer's Animated Image) file format and collect billions off of all those poor suckers in the world that'll actually pay for it! Wink
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:11 am   Post subject: (No subject)

not a tutorial, moved....
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
recneps

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

but if someone were to make one, and explain how it would be Smile
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
McKenzie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Step 1.
~~~~~
Take an animated GIF and break it into 1 bmp of jpeg per frame. If you don't have a program to do this already download IrfanView from download.com (it is free, not just free to try)

Step 2.
~~~~~
Load all of the frames into an array of integers (when you want to draw them later they are already in RAM, and thus draw much quicker)

Step 3.
~~~~~
Draw frames in order and cycle it.

The example here is very simple and would need changes to incorperate it into a real program.
roer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:11 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Mazer wrote:
still... that's crap man. now if you'll excuse me i need to go create and standardize the *.mai (Mazer's Animated Image) file format and collect billions off of all those poor suckers in the world that'll actually pay for it! Wink

Go ahead Razz That'd be awesome Wink Thats the way the world works unfortunatly...we'd probably have cured cancer by now if all the labs would share their information Evil or Very Mad Everyone for themselves these days *sigh* Crying or Very sad
Ashkan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 3:14 am   Post subject: heya

hey
check out the Turtorial cuz i made a tutorial for it ... and download the program.

http://www.compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?t=2629
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 11 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: