Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 TURING RUN WINDOWS
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Boarder16

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 1:36 am   Post subject: TURING RUN WINDOWS

Exclamation I'm Matt, I know turing well but was wonderign if tehre is a way to change the shape of the run window, to make it any shape, or take teh shape of a picture i use. I don't know if it is possible but would liek to know, also if anyone knows how to make circular buttons while still haveing picture on them. Anyway thanks for your help.....

Matt Idea (AHAHA BRYAN!!!)
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 2:01 am   Post subject: (No subject)

run window in the shape of a picture Thinking weird. Answer is no - the window is a rectangle since you're using Window's GUI/API/whatnot... you dont really have a choice.

You could probly manage to pull that off with C++ though.

As for the circle button. Just check for the distance between center of circle and mouse click, and if it's less then the radius of the circle, user clicked inside
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Boarder16

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 9:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thanks for your help, the window around the picture is becasue i am creating a music player, and i want it to be an odd shape like teh windows one or something, so is there a way to hide teh run windo outline, to fake it so it looks like the picture i load is there on its own, no blue lines or anything.. Confused
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 1:44 am   Post subject: (No subject)

not in turing. I remember comming across some VB code that makes part of the form transparent Thinking But you should remember that turing is intended just to learn the basics of programming.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Boarder16

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ok thanks 4 your help.. he prolly won't mind anyway.... I'll still get my 100% 8)
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: