Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 why can not show vars?
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
appling

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 10:29 pm   Post subject: why can not show vars?

i'm using turing 4.04c
but the program can not show me the vars.
just like the "show variables" in the debugger controls is grey. so i can't click on it. who can help me
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Thuged_Out_G

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i dont think you need that :S, mine is greyed out...i dont know even know what that does though lol

turing does sow you variables, all blue text is either a variable, procedure, or a function
DanShadow

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:58 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Im not sure what your asking...but it seems like you want to display variables or something?
code:

var mouse_x:int:=0
put mouse_x
%--useless under here
for i:1..5
put mouse_x+(2*i)
end for
the_binary_soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 2:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

if your using oot and your talking about the button on the top.....well I'm not sure what it does, I think it may be, if you variables are scattered throughout the program that will show all of them... the easiest thing it to do is just keep all of your global variables at the top and ignore the button!!!! (unless Im wrong)
the_binary_soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 2:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

this is what oot help menu says

Show vars on/off When selected, will result in the debugger
automatically displaying a set of helpful
debugging screens.
appling

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

thanks all the same
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 6:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i bilived that in erial versons of turing it whould show the curent value of all the varibles in your progame while it is runing.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 9:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

dan is right... in oot 3 you use the "show variables" to show all the values of variables while the program is running... it's too bad they don't have it in turing 4 yet, because it's a really helpful debugging tool... sometimes I will even run my program in oot 3 to use it... it can really help find errors
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: