Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Stand alone programs
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Blade

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 7:28 pm   Post subject: Stand alone programs

when you compile in turing 4, how do i set my own icon, and what it says in the bar at the top?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Catalyst

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 7:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

not sure about icons but u can cahnge title with:

View.Set ("title:Whatever")
Blade

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 8:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

damn, it would have been pretty cool to have changed the crappy icon Sad but thanks anyways man
octopi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 8:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I am pretty sure I know a way, I will work on it, and get back to you.
Blade

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 8:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

oooo ssswweeet awesome man, thanks a lot
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 8:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Delta knows how to do it, I saw him having a custom icon for one of his programs... you can private message him.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Blade

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 9:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea i knwo, i didnt wanna bug him, because he wont be back for a while... so i just asked if anyone else knew it... but yea, imma email him Smile
octopi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 9:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You can do it yourself.

http://freedownloadswindows.com/dl.html?ID=2217&an=PE%20Explorer

(Hope the link works)

you install the program then open your exe inside it, and click on the resources button (near the middle, looks like 4 triangles) then click the + sign beside the word Icon Entry in the screen that comes up, and double click on '1' and then in the popup thing that comes up you want to click the directory with the green arrow. Find your new icon file and then click yes to the prompts that come up, and save the exe file, it should now have a new icon, you can repeat this with the other icons in the list '2', '3', etc... Make sure you get the right size icon.

If this is really confusing for you, just send the exe file to me, and the icon file, and I will do it for you.

You will also need this program, to make your icon files.
http://www.microangelo.us/dlmike5.asp
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Blade

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 10:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

sweet thanks so much man... its not really confusing, Very Happy
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 12:06 am   Post subject: (No subject)

there may be a problem with doing this....

about a year ago i tired somting like this with one of my compcialted turing progames wirten in turing 3.1.1 and when i cahged the icon the progame whode not run right and some stuff got messed up in the exe. alouth on the good side the icon was chaged Wink .

i am not shure why this hapned, it may have to do with the way turing 3.1.1 compiles stuff, i will check it out and see if this software casuse anything like this to hapen.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Blade

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 12:11 am   Post subject: (No subject)

well, when 3.11 compiles it all, it does something much different than 4.x because it is much smaller.. besides, Delta did it so there must be a way
but.. even if it does screw up, i have all my source Very Happy
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 11 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: