Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Canadian Flag
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
GDoughtUpInIt

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:52 pm   Post subject: Canadian Flag

Hey everyone. I need to do a Canadian Flag that is centred in the middle of the screen for a project. Could someone get the code for me? It has to be 10.75 cm in length and 5.25 cm in height. Thanks.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Chimaera

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

so what's stopping you from drawing a maple leaf with the colour red in the middle of the screen with 2 red rectangles at the side with a white background? And you better get a ruler on hand so you can use your school computer and measure the size of the thing across your screen. Decrease the size as necessary if it's too small. Have fun. 8)
Mazer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 6:18 pm   Post subject: Re: Canadian Flag

GDoughtUpInIt wrote:
Could someone get the code for me? It has to be 10.75 cm in length and 5.25 cm in height.

ok... so, i'm just going to pretend that you're kidding.
misfit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i dont understand why you need someone to do something for you that takes 5 minutes
Tendulkar

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:40 pm   Post subject: Re: Canadian Flag

Here is your program:

Check it out

O.k.
u know for the size that u are saying 10.5 cm or something, i didn't do the exact size.
But if u want to change the size then just change the y and x value in the procedure canadianflag.

Canadian flag.t
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Canadian flag.t
 Filesize:  1.14 KB
 Downloaded:  1528 Time(s)

AsianSensation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

damn it Tendulkar, we are not suppose to help people cheat, or do their homework for them. Next time, when they ask for stuff like that, especially when they haven't even tried to program it, offer hints, not give them the code like that. We do not advocate cheating.
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

are you shure you whont it in cm? i betting you mean pixales b/c it whould be hard to do it in cm with out some kind of scale to work with. and b/c difrent montores have difrent rezstions you whould have to facter that in to.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

not only the resolution, but the varying dot pitch of the monitors should also throw it off slightly.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Chimaera

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

why don't you just get an exacto blade and etch the maple leaf into your monitor? Perfect solution really. You can measure out the dimensions of the flag desired and then mark the edges with the knife. After that, take a red marker and the whiteout tape stuff. Colour the flag and the rectangles in with the red marker, then put the whiteout tape stuff between the boxes and the maple leaf.
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Chimaera, i like the way you think. +all my bits
McKenzie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You guys are funny (those who are trying to be and those who aren't.) First off GDoughtUpInIt is well on his way to the hall of Shame. What are you planning on doing when it comes time to write your ISU? I find Tendulkar's program vaguely familiar ... hmm oh here it is it was included in my last DOS version of Turing. So here's my theory. Tendulkar's teacher used it as an example in class (it has some new features, so someone who has used the old version actually updated it.) Tendulkar, wanting to look smart (but unable to draw the 10.75 cm by 5.25 cm flag, much less understand that it is HARD to convert from pixels to cm without knowing exact viewable area of the monitor that it is being used on) passes off his teachers example as his own, so that GD can later pass it off to his teacher as his own (the teacher will probably remember the old example as I did and laugh in his face (if there is any justice in the world Wink ))

old example included with some code that won't work commented out.

flagrise.t
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  flagrise.t
 Filesize:  1.55 KB
 Downloaded:  623 Time(s)

Maverick

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thancks for the flagrise. Just saved me 5 minutes for my project.
DanShadow

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:47 pm   Post subject: ...

Telkundar...why did you give him it...lol. I kind of form a dislike for people who just come on the site, and start demanding us to program them their homework...like if your going to take a computer sci course, you might as well DO the work for it! So please, to any new people, dont ask for us to do your programs. At most, ask us HOW you might come to do a program like that...but usually going on a compsci site and demanding code wont help you.
(Sorry to be negative)
Tendulkar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 8:12 pm   Post subject: Re: ...

Hey sorry for that Sad

but the next time i'll just help them. I won't give the whole program.
DanShadow

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 8:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hmm..since i've written that comment...I notice that I do similar things, so sorry for 'ragging' on you about that, lol. (Well...all I do like that is show them what to add to their code to make it work.)
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 21 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: