Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 parallelput
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
air_force91

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:56 pm   Post subject: parallelput

i know the code to turn one LED on and off on a breadboard using the parallelput command...but how could i turn more than one LEDs at the same time on one breadboard using the command???
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
McKenzie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm assuming you already looked at the turing docs for parrallelput. As you know the data pins are from 2 to 9. When you put your number it converts it to binary (sorta.) and send the 1s and 0s along the line a +5V or 0V.
eg.
parallelput(20)
20 as binary is 00010100
so pins 4 & 6 get 1, and the rest get 0.
like so:
air_force91

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

thanx i got it now....thanx a lot Smile
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

this is a litte off subject but what ever happended to serialput and get?

i know they used to be there for turing 3.x but in 4.x they seem to have gone the way of the sprite. just whondering if any one knew about this one, since i was trying to get turing to intreface with an old atari printer Razz and when i started up turing 4.x to my shoke i got an error saying "Obsolete subprogram....no longer available in turing". i mean most software gets more fetures added when they upgrade not taken away, lol.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Andy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the serial port is so out of date now.... everybody uses usb, and turing should adapt to that
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

true, they should but that dose not mean they should dorp out other ports. i mean also long as the stareted computer has that port they should keep it in, i see no real reason to take fuctioning comands out of a languge that have not been relacped by a better one.

the real funny thing is turing still knows that it is a comand and what trems it needs to take but they just moded it so it gives an error insted of it fuction.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: