Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Anyone have a good working Pong game?
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
juniorspank

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 4:41 pm   Post subject: Anyone have a good working Pong game?

I was just wondering because I've been looking for one. That or Light Cycles. Head Bang
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 4:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

http://www.compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?t=914

my pong, only exe tho
juniorspank

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 4:52 pm   Post subject: Thanks

Thanks, it is very much appreciated.
roer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 6:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Dodge I'm in the process in making a pong game myself but I don't know how to make Turing recognize the Draw.Box as function of some sort so I can call on it. I've been studying Turing for about a week now and I don't really want an answer, just a hint of somesort. Thanks
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol, get your turing updated, go to holtsoft and download their patch, this will have that problem fixed.

If you don't want to or can't download for some reason, use drawbox () instead.
roer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I know how to draw the box, I have v4.0.4 at school. I was just wondering once you draw the box, how do you call on it later? If I draw the box how do I declare it? Sorry if it seems like a really newbish question Embarassed
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

oh, lol. Box is not an object, its just a graphic that is put on the screen. You can't do anything with it, but to draw something over it to make the box disappear Laughing

sorry to break this to you - but Turing sucks when it comes to programming.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
roer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yes...I have heard that Turing isnt exatcly a complex language, from what Catalyst and Home do however Im kind of in shock of what they do with Turing. So, can I ask then how to make Turing draw a box so that I can put in my code that would allow it to move?

code:
    Pic.Draw (leftpaddlepic, x, y, picMerge)
    Input.KeyDown (direction)
    if direction (KEY_CTRL) then
        y := y + 5
    elsif direction (KEY_ALT) then
        y := y - 5
    end if

Right now thats what I have for the movement of the paddles, I have a paddle I drew in paint earlier put in there. I was just wondering how to replace the paddle I drew in paint, with one Turing makes itself.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

what you do is just redraw the entire screen on top of existing one, this time with paddle moved.

You might want to read up some info on the use of View.Update if you dont want flicker in your animation.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
roer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thanks tony Smile I'm going to read a bit more about Turing and hope that class teaches me something , my teachers really intresting and informative unlike others I've had
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

have you guys done procedures yet?
roer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

No we havent but I understand the basics of them, do you mind explaining how to link procedures to this because when I tried it came up with an error Embarassed

The debug message was:

procedures may only be declared at the program,module, or monitor level
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i'd have the whole thing done in procedures.
have a procedure that draw the stuff, and a procedure for movement.
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

a good idea would be to read a tutorial on procedures and such
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

if you tried to declare a procedure in another procedure, then you would get that error.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 3  [ 36 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: