Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Flow Chart help
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Karam

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:36 pm   Post subject: Flow Chart help

Can anyone help me make a flow chart for this program please? I suck at flowcharts, I did the program but I can't do the flow chart for it.

code:
var word : string
put "Please Input Words Here, Type 'Stop' When You Want To Stop"
for count : 1 .. 10
    get word
    exit when word = "stop"
end for
put "Thats About It!!"

Thanks
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

this doesn't have to do with turing but...

can't remember the symbols...

code:

start

output: Please Input Words Here, Type 'Stop' When You Want To Stop

input: word

decisions: is word = "stop"
no -> go to the input: word line
yes -> continue

output: That's About It!

end

that's... kinda what the flowchart would look like. i remember that the start/stop shapes are ovals and the decision shape is a diamond. for yes, there should be an arrow pointing back to the input box and for no, an arrow that continues to the output box.

it's too bad there are people teaching flowcharts still, they're pretty useless for teaching compsci in my experience.
poly

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

my teacher made us do them... he said that it would help us organize our program and wouldnt create as much confusion..... I never did hand in a flowchart, they are pointless, I dont like having a "game plan" because i like adding or taking things out as i go along.....

anyway I do believe Input and Output symbols are rectangles on a slant
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

poly - flowcharts are pointless.

I mean sure... they might offer kind of a visual representation of code flow, but they're effective only on such a scale, where the code itself is understandable.

It would only help if one is having trouble understanding how a conditional loop works Laughing - like soo many teachers for example Laughing Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
compudave

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yeah, well our teacher wants them. I see no point to them but hey I already finished it. Karam, use MS Word. It's all there. Find that note you copied on the symbols so you know what your doing.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: