Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Reset
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Azzy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 1:31 pm   Post subject: Reset

is there a way to make the program reset and start over?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
l0tt0

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 2:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

for my blackjack game that i made i had a loop and then a loop inside it...and at the end of the game i ask if they want to play again and if they say no then it exits the loop and then i used Win.Close (win) to just close the window...dont know if that helped ya any
thoughtful

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 7:32 pm   Post subject: loop

Well jus as he said, put a loop...this should look something like this

code:

var restart:string
loop
%your code
get restart
     if restart=n then
     exit
     end if
end loop
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

just make sure to reset all your variables Wink though you should declear them outside of the repeat loop.

Though another way would be to use Fork + Sys.Exec Laughing But that's unpractical.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 1:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

tony wrote:

Though another way would be to use Fork + Sys.Exec Laughing But that's unpractical.

and wrong on some many levels Confused

not to metion bad progaming Shocked
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 3:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i know, that's what I said it's unpractical Laughing

pff Rolling Eyes Imagine using that instead of loops Twisted Evil
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 12:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

shuuuuuuuuu, dont give tom west ideas Razz
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 12:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm not... I think he's email is broken Confused He hasn't replied to my last two questions I asked (maybe he just doesn't care?).

heh, should have seen plasma's post on his site Laughing
Quote:

while I wait for Tommy to reply, I'm gonna write up a tutorial which I'll in fact just copy from help file and put my name on it
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 12:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

LOL, well lets not get into the war of the turing sites right now. dont need any more poleop saying they are going to take us down by making a crapy rip off and have a total of 19 members and like 2 posts Rolling Eyes thats just painfull to wach Razz
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: