Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Can't Access Turing Help Documentation.
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
hellfiresniper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:09 pm   Post subject: Can't Access Turing Help Documentation.

I downloaded Turing 4.1.1 for school and I cannot access the help doumentation. When I go to Help > Turing Reference, the help document pops up, but its says "Navigation to this webpage has been canceled". If I go to the index and try to select a keyword from the list, another message comes up that says "This program cannot display the webpage"

I'm not sure what the problem is. It suggests that either the address was typed in wrong or I am not connected to the internet, but it shouldn't matter if I'm connected to the internet or not since the help documentation is an offline Compiled HTML File. I also tried redownloading Turing and downloading different version of Turing but I get the same problem.

Someone else in my class is having the same problem, so it would be great if we could get this issue solved, thanks.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Insectoid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:34 pm   Post subject: RE:Can\'t Access Turing Help Documentation.

4.1.1 won't connect. Get an older version.
hellfiresniper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:01 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Can\'t Access Turing Help Documentation.

insectoid @ Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:34 pm wrote:
4.1.1 won't connect. Get an older version.

I downloaded Turing 4.0.5 and it works now! Thank you! Very Happy
andrew.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:01 pm   Post subject: RE:Can\'t Access Turing Help Documentation.

I would recommend 4.0.5. You don't get some features of the newer ones though.
saltpro15

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:04 pm   Post subject: RE:Can\'t Access Turing Help Documentation.

I would recommend ditching that crap language and learning c++. It might be harder initially, but you're going to have to learn it eventually anyway if you want a job in CS Wink
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:34 pm   Post subject: Re: Can't Access Turing Help Documentation.

I am not sure why it would not work in 4.1.1, it could have something to due with the holtsoft site being down.

However you can get the documentation for it here: http://compsci.ca/holtsoft/TuringDoc.chm

That way you can use 4.1.1 with the 4.1.1 documentation.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:21 pm   Post subject: RE:Can\'t Access Turing Help Documentation.

I also just added a new on line Turing documentation page to the site: http://compsci.ca/holtsoft/doc/
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:28 am   Post subject: Re: RE:Can\'t Access Turing Help Documentation.

saltpro15 @ Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:04 pm wrote:
I would recommend ditching that crap language and learning c++. It might be harder initially, but you're going to have to learn it eventually anyway if you want a job in CS Wink

No.

Lets just say that it's dumb to start learning how to parallel park in a Formula 1 car, just because you aspire to becomes a racecar driver.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
hellfiresniper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:34 am   Post subject: Re: Can't Access Turing Help Documentation.

I managed to get the older help file to work in 4.1.1 by copying the help file from 4.0.5 (which works) and I replaced the one in 4.1.1 with the one from 4.0.5. So I guess the 4.1.1 help file was just corrupt, but thanks guys.

Dan @ Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:34 pm wrote:
I am not sure why it would not work in 4.1.1, it could have something to due with the holtsoft site being down.

However you can get the documentation for it here: http://compsci.ca/holtsoft/TuringDoc.chm

That way you can use 4.1.1 with the 4.1.1 documentation.

I downloaded the offline 4.1.1 documentation and it still doesn't work. It comes up with the same messages as before. The online documentation works though. Thanks. Smile
samuel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:54 am   Post subject: RE:Can\'t Access Turing Help Documentation.

You just need to right click TuringDoc.chm and then select properties and at the bottom you need to allow access in order for it to work
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: