Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Close.Window Problem
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
thoughtful

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 5:02 pm   Post subject: Close.Window Problem

Well me and another student made an airport database with GUI for a project. Well here is how it works:

A main window with 4 buttons> each button opensa new window and runs a procedure in it

Now i am using different variables to open each window. Well at end of each procedure i have Window.Close(the window i opene) and then Window.Select(the main one) but whenever the window closes turing crashes.
anyone knows why?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Origon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 5:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Not sure if this'll help, but you could always try hiding the new window with Window.Hide and selecting the main one.
Martin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 5:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It's crashing because you have active widgets on the window that you're closing, and when the computer tries to access the widgets it crashes because the window doesn't exist. Now, the solution to this is to GUI.Dispose all of the widgets that are on the window that you are closing.
thoughtful

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 3:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hey thnx i solved the problem

we r using multiples files and use include to call them, n e ways my stupid partner was using the GUI.ProcessEvent in all of them Hit Wall , when i took that out from the other file and jus left the one in the main one it worked Very Happy
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: