Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Stopping fork processes in turing 3.11 when clicking GUI
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
templest

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:54 am   Post subject: Stopping fork processes in turing 3.11 when clicking GUI

Embarassed anyone know how to stop a fork? I made a menu for a game and set the thing so that when I click a GUI button, the whole this clears and it shows a little screen saying game over. This is only a a menu not a game. So... I click it and it does everything but the forks keeping going at it. I've tried doing some googles (searches) but nothing on how to stop forks. Any help? Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed I'm at school and class is over... I'll post the source code when I get home if You really need it to fix the program.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
rizzix

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

eh... why fork another process? create the window in the same process
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

return works for processes as well as procedures
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you can set a flag variable in the process and change its value when you want to quit. then right when the loop begins again in the process, you check the variable if you need to quit or not.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
templest

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 10:36 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
you can set a flag variable in the process and change its value when you want to quit. then right when the loop begins again in the process, you check the variable if you need to quit or not.

Thanks. Smile
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: