Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 DWITE Today and Some Down Time
Index -> Network News
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:56 am   Post subject: DWITE Today and Some Down Time

The DWITE programming contest is today.

If you are a high school student check it out at http://dwite.org

For the rest of us, this means that compsci.ca will be running slow today as we share a server with DWITE and we will be shuting down the fourms till 7:00PM EST today (start around 1 or 2 PM EST).

The blog and irc room should still be up during this time tho.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
A.J

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:35 pm   Post subject: Re: DWITE Today and Some Down Time

I am assuming the same timings apply to tomorrow (November 20th)?
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:45 am   Post subject: Re: DWITE Today and Some Down Time

A.J @ 19th November 2008, 11:35 pm wrote:
I am assuming the same timings apply to tomorrow (November 20th)?

Yep, the fourms will be down during the contest today.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Insectoid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:21 pm   Post subject: RE:DWITE Today and Some Down Time

Unfortunately, I can't participate this round Sad. I have to perform a play, and I have to be there at 5:00. Plus, my teacher hasn't registered our team yet.
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:31 pm   Post subject: RE:DWITE Today and Some Down Time

Students can register there own teams if they make users accounts.

But in any case good luck with your play.
Parker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:42 pm   Post subject: RE:DWITE Today and Some Down Time

I tried to find some info on DWITE but cannot find much. What exactly is it?

I know there is programming contests and such but do they make an assignment and the person to do the best job at it wins?
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:05 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:DWITE Today and Some Down Time

Parker @ 25th November 2008, 5:42 pm wrote:
I tried to find some info on DWITE but cannot find much. What exactly is it?

I know there is programming contests and such but do they make an assignment and the person to do the best job at it wins?

The dwite site is at: http://dwite.org and should have some info.

DWITE is a 3 hour some what montly contest for canadian high school students witch is done online. During the 3 hours you get 5 programming questions witch will require you to read a file with some data and output some processed data to another file.

You can find some example questions in the past contests page: http://dwite.org/home/pastcontests (pick a year, then a round and the links to the questions will be on the top of the page above the scores for that round).

The contest is done in teams of up to 4 people but teams of 1 are allowed. Teams are scored on how fast they get the questions done, if they work correctly in each test case and if they get the question right on the first try (each team gets two trys).

What makes DWITE some what diffrent is that the contest is marked lived by a simple judging program and not a human and scores of all teams are displayed as the teams do the contest so it is also a race.
Parker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:32 am   Post subject: RE:DWITE Today and Some Down Time

Thank you Dan, the contests seem quite tough. I only know how to use Turing but would that be sufficient for me to join?

Anyways +1 bit Dan for helping me (Im poor in bits Razz)
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:29 pm   Post subject: RE:DWITE Today and Some Down Time

DWITE supports Turing so you could submit your awnsers in it.
Horus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:21 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:DWITE Today and Some Down Time

Parker @ Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:32 am wrote:
Thank you Dan, the contests seem quite tough. I only know how to use Turing but would that be sufficient for me to join?

Anyways +1 bit Dan for helping me (Im poor in bits Razz)

you also need to know how to read/write from file. (In my school, we learn read/write from file at the end of gr 11, which is why I didn't do dwite last year)
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:07 am   Post subject: RE:DWITE Today and Some Down Time

There's nothing stopping you from picking up on such little details on your own. We have plenty of tutorials; or just ask Wink
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:49 am   Post subject: RE:DWITE Today and Some Down Time

This goes for today too (Feb. 19th, 2009).

The site will be down for the contest.
saltpro15

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:53 pm   Post subject: RE:DWITE Today and Some Down Time

woo DWITE Very Happy will the site also be down for CCC?
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:18 pm   Post subject: RE:DWITE Today and Some Down Time

We don't host the CCC, University of Waterloo does.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
saltpro15

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:45 pm   Post subject: RE:DWITE Today and Some Down Time

ah, thanks for the info
   Index -> Network News
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 19 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: