Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Missing dlportio.sys file- Can't use parallel port
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
megabenman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:33 pm   Post subject: Missing dlportio.sys file- Can't use parallel port

At school we made a cool guitar hero program with turing. It is especially awesome because it can be played either with the keyboard or with a guitar we made. The guitar has 5 LEDs and 4 buttons, and is hooked up via the parallel port. Anyways, I decided to take the guitar home to try it on my Windows XP Home Edition computer. However, whenever I run it the guitar won't work. First, I get an error saying dlportio.sys wasn't installed correctly in the status bar. Then, when running it, it says that I/O will be ignored.

I've researched this file and I've downloaded a file called port95nt.exe. Apparently it installs the I/O drivers for the parallel port. Anyways, when I run it it tells me I'm overwriting a bunch of files, so I just say "Yes to All." Then, it tells me that the file C:\Windows\System32\AUTOEXE.NT is not suitable to run in MS-DOS/Windows. It gives me the options to Ignore and Close, both of them just end the program.

Another thing I've heard is to use regedit to edit the dlportio folder and change the startup value to '1.' I can't find the folder, probably because port95nt.exe didn't install correctly. (Speaking of which, is this file only supposed to work for Windows 95-NT....?) I've rebooted but nothing happens.

Upon connection of the guitar the LEDs light up, but as soon as my turing program runs the lights shut off until I reboot and the buttons don't work. Any tips?

Thanks Very Happy
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Sean

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:04 pm   Post subject: Re: Missing dlportio.sys file- Can't use parallel port

code:

Description: DLPortIO.SYS is located in the folder C:\Windows\System32\drivers. The file size on Windows XP is 3584 bytes.
The driver can be started or stopped from Services in the Control Panel or by other programs. There is no information about the maker of the file. The program is not visible. The service has no detailed description. It is not a Windows system file. DLPortIO.SYS seems to be a compressed file. Therefore the technical security rating is 54% dangerous, however also read the users reviews.

Important: Some malware camouflage themselves as DLPortIO.SYS, particularly if they are located in c:\windows or c:\windows\system32 folder. Thus check the DLPortIO.SYS process on your pc whether it is pest. We recommend Security Task Manager for verifying your computer's security. It is one of the Top Download Picks of 2005 of The Washington Post and PC World.

Either, you have a fake file, outdated version of Turing, or your computer doesn't support DLPortIO.SYS.
megabenman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:28 pm   Post subject: Re: Missing dlportio.sys file- Can't use parallel port

If I have a fake file, what can I do?

Also, I have Turing 4.1.1.

And, how do I know if my computer doesn't support dlportio.sys?
megabenman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:59 pm   Post subject: Re: Missing dlportio.sys file- Can't use parallel port

Nevermind I fixed it Very Happy

I found the AUTOEXEC.exe in my Repair folder, so I dragged it to where it was supposed to go and then installed port95nt.exe Very Happy
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: