Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Help Writing a Program using a Joystick and Parallelget.
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
redmango08

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:16 pm   Post subject: Help Writing a Program using a Joystick and Parallelget.

I have to do a final project for a class and i need to write a program with parallelget and use a joystick that we made.
I made the Joystick and i have all the position values i just need to write the program which i need help with.

What i want to do is make a star in the middle of the screen and when i move the joystick up, left, right, down, and all the diagonals the star will light up and the top of the star will be pointing in the direction the joystick is so if the joystick is down then the star will be pointing down. i also have a fire button and what i want to do is when you press the fire button a line will come out of the tip like it is shooting, the line doesn't necessarily have to look alot like shooting but it should disappear when you let go and when you press the button and move the joystick at the same time the line and the star will move.

when i tried to do this i got stuck because when i moved the joystick the star wouldn't erase and go back to normal like i move the joystick down the star will still be upside down but the neutral one will be on top of it and then the bell rang. thank you.

this might sound easy to some people and if it does will you help me write this program on turing please and post it it will be much appreciated thank you.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
BigBear

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:49 pm   Post subject: Re: Help Writing a Program using a Joystick and Parallelget.

Please post your code. I don't know how you are getting your values so I can't write an example or know a common problem if you post your code I will look through it and try to help. Thanks
SIXAXIS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:28 am   Post subject: Re: Help Writing a Program using a Joystick and Parallelget.

You say that the star is redrawing the neutral one over the upside down one? Maybe you have to put a clear screen (cls) in there whenever it changes modes. I'm not 100% sure if it will work though. I'm still learning.
dan1290

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:30 pm   Post subject: Re: Help Writing a Program using a Joystick and Parallelget.

redmango08 @ Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:16 pm wrote:
I have to do a final project for a class and i need to write a program with parallelget and use a joystick that we made.
I made the Joystick and i have all the position values i just need to write the program which i need help with.

What i want to do is make a star in the middle of the screen and when i move the joystick up, left, right, down, and all the diagonals the star will light up and the top of the star will be pointing in the direction the joystick is so if the joystick is down then the star will be pointing down. i also have a fire button and what i want to do is when you press the fire button a line will come out of the tip like it is shooting, the line doesn't necessarily have to look alot like shooting but it should disappear when you let go and when you press the button and move the joystick at the same time the line and the star will move.

when i tried to do this i got stuck because when i moved the joystick the star wouldn't erase and go back to normal like i move the joystick down the star will still be upside down but the neutral one will be on top of it and then the bell rang. thank you.

this might sound easy to some people and if it does will you help me write this program on turing please and post it it will be much appreciated thank you.

I know im replying 10 years late but did this work lol. I need help in finding the values using parallel get but dont have a joystick. The values I need are neutral, up, down, right, left, up-right..., down-right...,fire/neutral, fire/up....., fire/up-right....., so yeah. thats a lot but. Thanks
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: