Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [tutorial] .NET Commands (and multi-user interfaces)
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Tutorials
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
DanShadow

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:51 pm   Post subject: [tutorial] .NET Commands (and multi-user interfaces)

Here is the (hopefully) long awaited tutorial on .NET commands and multi-user interfaces! This tutorial that I wrote will explain (most of) the .NET commands, how to use the basic netStream commands, and how to create a multi-user (server/client) interface. I hope this helps you all!
[Just download the attachment]

NET Tutorial.html
 Description:
DanShadows .NET Tutorial

Download
 Filename:  NET Tutorial.html
 Filesize:  23.05 KB
 Downloaded:  2338 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I give bits, because that's what I'm suppose to do when people dedicate time to write good tutorials, but then DanShadow's bits are static....

so.....

I give you cookie.

cookie.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  8.35 KB
 Viewed:  18175 Time(s)

cookie.jpg

DanShadow

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

sweeeet, thanks!
Paul

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

sweet... free cookie available to the public...
Thanks dan, I'll be refering to that on my next 3 months of turing
DanShadow

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Your welcome! I hope it serves you well.
rizzix

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

good job twisting the lingo Evil or Very Mad .. for a second i thougt u mean M$ .NET and in the Turing Shocked .. that got my attention. Smile
Delta

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Not a bad tutorial... *takes a bite of AsianSensation's cookie*... not bad at all
SeanWestdaleWarriors

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:55 pm   Post subject: Great Job

Amazing...I have made two way chats, but have always struggled to go above that. GREAT JOB
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
DanShadow

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:34 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Thanks to all. Laughing
Martin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Nice work. Have another cookie
TokenHerbz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:15 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Perhaps you can tell me how to find a working port? and a site i soppose?

Do you need to purchase a server to run a chat? or can i make a little one to use with a friend???

This i find really interesting, and well, your toutoreals good, but i still have those questions...

Oh, and i mada a pong game, its sweet, but glitchy...
DanShadow

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

A working port...there are 10s of 1000s. Like... 5675 for example.
The server is just a program that is written that interacts with connecting clients.
Think of this example:
Quote:

The is a SERVER in a coffee shop named BOB.
BOB is the SERVER.
Bob's job is to server all the CLIENTs (customers) who try to talk to him.
A CLIENT named JANET comes in the coffee shops, and begings to talk to BOB, the SERVER. (JANET [client] connects to BOB [server]). BOB starts talking back (accepting connection), and asks what JANET would like. JANET asks BOB for a cup of coffee (client requests information from server). BOB says 'sure!', and gives JANET a cup of coffee. (server gives information to client after the client had requested it).
Suddenly, another CLIENT comes in, and begings to talk, so BOB does the same thing he did with JANET.
Each client speaks to the server (BOB) over a thread (or in Turing, a netStream). The server can respond to multiple netStreams using the tutorial method mentioned above.
In this example, BOB the server is serving multiple customers (CLIENTS).
BOB is a server, and is just really a program. BOB can run on any computer, and any CLIENT can connect to the SERVER (BOB), as long as they know where he is (the IP address).

Hope this clears it up for you.
Thoerin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:51 pm   Post subject: Re: [tutorial] .NET Commands (and multi-user interfaces)

I cant seem to download this guide. The message I get is :
Quote:
The Extension 'html' was deactivated by an board admin, therefore this Attachment is not displayed.
Is there any other way to download this tutorial? Thanks
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:57 pm   Post subject: Re: [tutorial] .NET Commands (and multi-user interfaces)

Thoerin @ 12th January 2007, 9:51 pm wrote:
I cant seem to download this guide. The message I get is :
Quote:
The Extension 'html' was deactivated by an board admin, therefore this Attachment is not displayed.
Is there any other way to download this tutorial? Thanks

That should be fixed now.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
darkangel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:16 am   Post subject: Re: [tutorial] .NET Commands (and multi-user interfaces)

What would be a good simple language that u would recommend to start programming Net based programs?
I'm starting a "Habo Hotel" like game and i need a language that can easily send information over one port. Compared to the 50+ish i had to use with turing.

And PLEASE dont tell me Java! Please! For my own sanity!
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Tutorials
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 20 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: