Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 3d models/raycastering - errrr where to start?
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
poly

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 5:11 pm   Post subject: 3d models/raycastering - errrr where to start?

Ok I want to get into raycasting and doing 3d models in turing (dont ask why, i just have tons of time on my hands) anyway I have no idea where to START! Like to do raycasting I read that tutorial that somebody posted, but how do i start where do i start??
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 5:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

anyways, raycasting isn't 3D, it's pseudo-3D. So I don't think you can do 3D modeling with raycasting.

and as I recall, you start where the tutorial tells you to start Razz

maybe start by making a map? Razz

like it said on the tutorial:
Quote:

Now that we have the world, we need to define some attributes before we can project and render the world. Specifically, we need to know these attributes:

1. Player/viewer's height, player's field of view (FOV), and player's position.
2. Projection plane's dimension.
3. Relationship between player and projection plane.

that was the first step I believe?

seriously though, just follow the tutorial step by step, you should have no problem...

if not, then follow SilverSprite's code, it explains alot.
SilverSprite

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 8:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

blah... if you want to get started.. start offf with a 2 dimensional map with a grid (the map of your field) and a small player. give him the ability to move around the map but not through walls.. thats the first step.. it was for me..
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 8:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

oh yeah! I forgot, My rotating man program, hehe, it was part of my attempt at raycasting.
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 11:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'd say not start in turing....
poly

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yes I would do it in C++ or something, but I dont have THAT much free time to spend on it, plus my school doesnt teach that and this is for a project for next year, Im just trying to get a head start, cause I wanna make something that is a REAL challenge
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: