Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 What happened to ctrl c, and new features
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
ftm

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 12:55 am   Post subject: What happened to ctrl c, and new features

I haven't used turing in a couple of years and it seems to have come along more than i would have expected.

so riddle me this, where is my cancel execution command, (i'm using 4.0.1) ? You guys have used ctrl c before right?

and what new commands could you tell me about that i dont know about, considering the last version i knew was winoot, so i new gui

recently i've been figuring out the
RGB module

Input.KeyDown ... which is beautiful since we can finally ab-use the arrow keys easily,
but does anyone know all the possibly keys, and is there shift left and right same for ctrl and alt?

i like this View.Update (? the one for smooth animation)
... is it just me or is the basis for the command that turing essentially lets your 'draw' into a buffer and choose when you would like to update the entire screen, rather than for each Draw.Dot you do it redraws the screen

anyway, any more information on new commands would be appreciated

and lastly is there a topic in here or in any language about inheritance polymorphism encapsulation abstraction and other OOPageness?

thanks a lot dudes.

p.s. a lot of the programs i've seen -- 'MMM MMM GOOD'
Catalyst makes a good program, and silverSprite ... quite ambitious dude... raycasting in turing.. you are mad...

sorry for rambling
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
ftm

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 12:57 am   Post subject: (No subject)

ALMOST FORGOT!

i couldn't find a tutorial on binary file saving .. could anyone give me a quick refresh?
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 10:52 am   Post subject: (No subject)

binary saving... just use read/write rather than get/put

also, the RGB module was available in 3.1

I dunno what happened to the cancel command really... I guess they figured because they gave you a big stop button at the top, you wouldn't need it.

but what I found most annoying was that there was no variable viewer (or there is and I just couldn't find it...)
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: