Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Key Commands of Games
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Killa Hilla

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 4:47 am   Post subject: Key Commands of Games

What are the key commands in making a game. ( the most important)

Thanks
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
azndragon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 6:28 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, it kinda depends on what games you wanna make, maybe you should tell us what kind of game you are interested in making.
Killa Hilla

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 6:55 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, my goal was to make a Diablo like game (graphic wise) or any other game that i could make like that. Im not really familiar with the code for Turing just yet but imworking on it. In the end i was hoping i was gonna make a game like Diablo.

If you can help with anything post it

Thanks
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 7:30 am   Post subject: time to brage about QFTB agane :) !!!!!!

well as some poleop here may know i have made an rpg game that i like to brage about. it is called QFTB and is about as complacted a game you can make in turing.

you can down load it off swats ftp: ftp://swat@danco.no-ip.com

but plz note that we are curltey updating the site and moving to a new domain name so the ftp may be down.

there are also some other games on the ftp that may give you some good ideas. but you shode know that to make a good quitey game in turing that has grafiicks as good as the SNES or GBA it whode take about from now to the end of school at least. and about 147+ pages of code.

if it is a fianl progect for school i whode recomend not seting your goals to high, good games take at least 6 moths to make and turing is not the bested progaming luage for game devlpemnt. good lucke, i hope you make a great game.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Killa Hilla

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 9:17 am   Post subject: (No subject)

What Program would you suggest for making a Diablo like graphic game?, thats somewhat easy to use. I have Visual C++ 6.0 but i think its only the Introductory version.
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 7:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

VC++ 6 with Direct X would be the best way to go.

Diablo 2 was programmed in C++, graphics made in 3DSMAX and displayed using DirectX (also supports some other engines).

Though its a big project to take on.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Asok

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 7:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

personally, I find OpenGL much easier to work with in C++. But before even attempting that, be sure to grab a thick help guide.
Killa Hilla

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 10:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

So do you know any really good help guides that i could use for VC++?
Ill need it lol
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Asok

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 10:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

depends what you want to do with it. Any book marked "super bible" should be able to help you on your topic.
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 10:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I've got C/C++/C# bible... doesnt have much on OpenGL as far as I know Confused
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Asok

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 11:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

right it shouldn't you need to get the OpenGL super bible, it's actually pretty cool, comes with a CD full of examples etc.

I preffer OpenGL because when it comes to base code just to get a rendering engine of some kind OpenGL has ALOT less lines of code needed than Direct3D. OpenGL is essentially the lazy mans way if you want to go that route.
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 12:48 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I dont think u can make a diablo like game on turing Confused
or maybe u can ... Very Happy
Asok

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 2:56 am   Post subject: (No subject)

after I saw that 3d maze I believe anything can be done in turing Wink
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

no... "anything" cant be done in turing... mostly because of its execution speed and the fact that all strings are limited to 255 characters.

I mean if you make diablo in turing, it will run at the speed of 0.1 frames a second.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 14 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: